Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 10:57:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joomla site manager  (Read 4293 times)
bruce
Not too much to say...

« on: June 12, 2009, 08:50:39 PM »

Hi I have a joomla site manager with Blackwire hosting and Joomla seems to not like me to download any thing with html or perl or java script .  This is very bad because I am in Marketing and all I do is use this stuff .  I s their a better site manager or one more suited to this type of work .  Can I buy a manager with better suited download options.  Bruce
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 04:28:15 AM »

I am not positive that I understand. Would you be able to post a link to your site, either on here or in a private message to me? Personally I prefer drupal to joomla, but for the most part everything comes down to personal preference. What exactly happens when you try to use HCL though?

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
bruce
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 12:27:21 AM »

Hi Spencer I think I found my answer it is the product I was trying to download.  I also have a drupal site at a different hosting but I ran into trouble loading it because the site builder did not leave me enough permissions.  I think that is the problem I am not experienced at site building at all though.  With Drupal they use a weight gravity loading system to load the site.  Do you know if I could get a number system assigned to the nodes or articles to make it easier for a learner.  I have the Drupal loading and site building videos but I can not apply that with the permissions I have.  Bruce
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 08:56:43 AM »

Well again, if you let me know what the address of your site is, or who your host is, I can probably help out a bit. From my understanding you can't give nodes a weight (or at least you couldn't in 5.x, which we are running at work right now) however in 6.0, I could help you get something set up with Views and possibly the CCK modules.

As for the permissions issue, tell me what it is giving you an error about and we may be able to find an alternative solution, however you will likely have to get your host to change some stuff for you.

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: