First things first:
This could be used on a production machine, however, it is still slightly possible it could cause issues. Best bet, wait for the release. If your confident (and of course back everything, including your database up), your probably ok. If you have doubt, WAIT!
Ok, we've finally gotten things to a good point to release the RC1. Due to nearly 100 downloads of Beta3, and only one issue, that being a Windows machine, which we resolved (thanks belite!), I'm releasing RC1. Other then the one windows machine, I have had no reports of bugs in Beta2. We need to wrap up 2.1.3 and move on to 3.0.0.
You won't find a ton of changes, this is a maintainance release, however it does not include any kind of ticket system. If there are no issues, then some minor changes will take place (mostly versioning) and it would be released. However if there are any issues, other then cosmetic, we will then release a new RC. I'm fairly confident that there will not be any issues reported which would cause a release not to happen, but please feel free to prove me wrong!
Some changes in 2.1.3:
- Provided work around for PHP 5.2.2 bug in core
- Removed osTicket and eTicket
- Fixed issue with themes not working correctly in eTicket on
- Fixed issue with initiate chats not working, put more real world timeouts into config
- Added more bots to the bot killer (about 40 more)
- Fixed some SQL issues with Windows servers.
- Fixed a bug in the Portuguese language file.
- Fixed a couple of bugs in setup
- Added a config option to prevent operators from being able to delete transcripts (in config.php, add $conf['opdelete']=true; to turn on)
- Updated Smarty template engine (required for windows installs)
Most of the feature requests placed in the tracker have not been started here. The reason is that the development cycle for even a minor version will be more then a week or so. Figure on 1 to 2 months at least. Major version changes will probably not happen in less then a year. If more developers become involved, this could change.
Please feel free to post bugs in this announcement, for ease of finding them and getting them squashed, or if you like, use our tracker directly.
More info and download on the release page http://www.helpcenterlive.com/dru/node/19