Help Center Live Community
July 23, 2014, 08:49:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.1.7 end chat problem  (Read 8219 times)
AndyR
Not too much to say...

« on: July 23, 2008, 11:50:39 AM »

Hi

If I am in dialogue with a web user and they end the chat session, the operator window still shows the status as chatting, even though the user has gone away.  Obviously, that in itself is a bit of a problem but in addition, because the operator status remains in chat mode, there is no opportunity to initiate a chat with another user (as the link is not present).

Looking at what the user sees - the online. gif is replaced for the offline. gif but here at our end (the operator window) we still see that we are online!

This is more serious as we would believe we are online when we aren't!

It seems to take a shutdown and relogin to clear things.

Ideas?
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:41:14 PM »

Hey Andy, is it possible for you to give me the URL so I can drop by?  Also, is it possible using HCL to have multiple chat windows open at the same time?  From the sound of your post it would seem that the answer is no.

Opposites are not contradictory but complimentary - Neils Bohr
AndyR
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 06:44:37 PM »

Hi Talvenloppu

Unfortunately this is still under test and not on a public server yet.  

As for multiple chats - what did you mean exactly?

Andy
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 06:46:58 PM by AndyR » Logged
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »

Cheesy  I mean having chats with a number of people at the same time each taking place in a different window.  So person A requests a chat and a window opens for them person B does the same and another window opens for them.  I think it must be possible but your post made me wonder ... I think that having not actually got HCL to work yet I'm sort of stumbling about in the dark LoL -  if I post some follow up questions on the other thread then maybe you could help me get up and started and then I'd know what I was talking about (almost)!  Smiley

Opposites are not contradictory but complimentary - Neils Bohr
AndyR
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »

Hi Talvenloppu

Understood.

We've not yet had the opportunity to test multiple visitors at once although we should be in a position to do this within a working day or two.  We've got so much on at the moment, unfortuantely, I can't devote myself to doing this all day.

I think from what I've seen since writing the original post that I may have overcome the problem.  The next set of testing should prove it.

Thanks for your feedback.
ScriptJunkie
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 01:25:33 AM »

Quote from: AndyR link=topic=574. msg2760#msg2760 date=1216810239
Hi

If I am in dialogue with a web user and they end the chat session, the operator window still shows the status as chatting, even though the user has gone away.   Obviously, that in itself is a bit of a problem but in addition, because the operator status remains in chat mode, there is no opportunity to initiate a chat with another user (as the link is not present). 

Looking at what the user sees - the online.  gif is replaced for the offline.  gif but here at our end (the operator window) we still see that we are online!

This is more serious as we would believe we are online when we aren't!

It seems to take a shutdown and relogin to clear things. 

Ideas?

I've been having that same issue.  I don't know how to resolve it.  Since there is no response here yet from those 'in the know', I plan to poke around the config file and see if there isn't a way to adjust the timings.

I suspect (but I don't know for sure), that this is an issue with how long it takes for someone who leaves a chat or leaves the site to actually show as 'gone'.

Also remember, when a client leaves the chat, a window should be popping up asking the Op if they want to close it also.  Additionally, there is an "end chat" option in the Op window.

The issue for me is that using those features doesn't seem to cause the software to update in real time.  It takes several minutes for guests visiting the site to be seen on the site, and several minutes for them to be seen as "off site" after they've left, and several minutes for the chat status to change once the chat is concluded.
ScriptJunkie
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 01:26:33 AM »

Also. . . I'm not sure if there's a way to tell if this is caused by server lag, or software settings, or bug issues.
AndyR
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »

Hi

Yes, I've noticed all these other "time lag" problems, too.   I'd be interested to hear if you find any resolution.

Have a good one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: