Help Center Live Community
April 21, 2014, 03:01:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Errors with HCL  (Read 8303 times)
YellowSnow
Not too much to say...

« on: November 23, 2007, 09:57:45 AM »

Hello,
First off I would like to thank you for making such a great program, it has really come in handy. Anyway, I have recently installed HCL into my server, and I noticed 2 problems with my chat....

1. I receive this error only sometimes when HCL chat opens...It appears in the Chat room window of the client side and sometimes the admin side.

Warning: fopen(/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/class/../cache/support_sessions/a361039f30de5f3d1c8e6b133a6d2066.dbc): failed to open stream: Stale NFS file handle in /~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/classclass/database.php on line 332

2. When a Client enters a message it appears twice in the chat room window...like this

Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
YellowSnow
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 10:01:07 AM by YellowSnow » Logged
Tiltednuts00
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 12:49:12 AM »

I have the same problem. A fix would be great!

Thanks
YellowSnow
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 11:35:49 PM »

Any takers? lol.....Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You,
YellowSnow
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 02:53:22 AM »

Sorry for taking so long.  Sounds like your host has the files on one machine and the server on another.  It's a system timeout error.  I'm afraid there isn't much you can do but chew them out.  NFS was the key word.  If your getting this with the files on the same machine as the web server, then something has gone bad wrong with that server, as the disk is unavailable, something that should not happen.

how may I help you today?
YellowSnow
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 08:57:07 PM »

Thank You very much for the feedback mlzhosting Smiley. I will go ahead and call my hosting company now  Angry...Do you have any solutions for the Double Messages ?

Thanks Again,
YellowSnow
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 09:43:06 AM »

Not sure what could be causing that, it's almost like it writes to the database twice.  I can think of a few reasons it could be happening, but surely the host has other PHP/MySQL scripts and they would likely suffer from the same problem.  When you send a message, it's stored in the database, and then  when the visitors chat is updated, read from the database and displayed.  If the record is written twice that would cause the doubling and create the problem.  But why would it be writing every record twice, I can't think of anything in HCL that would double send it.  That issue is going to need a lot more detective work. 

I'll take a look at the code relating to the chat session and see if I can find anything that would cause a double write and try to track this down.

YellowSnow
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 12:50:14 AM »

Thank You once again mlzhosting, I appreciate you helping me. If there is anything you need from me please let me know and i'll do what I can.

Thanks Again,
YellowSnow
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 03:25:57 PM »

Still working on this one.  I know that one other person reported it, and suddenly it "fixed itself", so we never really found out what the problem was. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: