Help Center Live Community
April 19, 2014, 01:15:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Questions about using HCL  (Read 30752 times)
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« on: June 27, 2007, 05:37:29 PM »

Just wondering if there is any way of making the operators chat screen box flash or something when a customer requests a chat. We do not have speakers on the computers at work, but can go get some if there is no way of making a visual effect.

Also, on one of the computers we keep getting a missing plugin notice, saying that we are missing an apple quicktime plugin. I installed quicktime 7.1 but am still getting the error. Any idea what I need to install to fix that?

Thanks,
David Henderson
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:41:26 PM »

Couple of ideas, it should be possible to put a flash or animated gif in the template to cause the effect your looking for.  That way you get your flash.  Another thought is to create a popup which alerts to incoming chats, an idea I like, and will add to the feature requests in tracker for 3.0.0.

The missing plug-in is due to the fact that HCL uses MP3 files for the sounds.  Sounds like the plug-in did not associate to MP3's on the browser for some reason. 

how may I help you today?
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 05:46:04 PM »

Well, on the subtle side, I was thinking of the simple address bar flashing when something has changed on the page thing. To at least get an operators attention in case they are on a different window when a chat request comes across.

I will try the flash thing, but again, would that make it noticable if it's not the focus window and is covered by a different window? Although I could try the popup thing you suggest. Looks like I have a little work ahead of me. Will let you know how it turns out in a bit:)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »

I like the java pop method, but really all of that can be done in java script.  Just a matter of picking up the chat request and activating the java.

One thing, if you get a visual indication and don't put speakers on, you might want to disable the sound method.  This will fix that quicktime issue, as the sound file is not sent.

Keep an eye out for something called hclApp, should start making noise about it within the next month or two.

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »

Ok, one last question before I go off to try making popups and fun things for it. I installed it with the Bliss tempalte, because that was the one that was selected by default, so I assumed it was the best. However, looking at it now..I think I'd like G better, since it has lots of nice graphics. So, how do I change the tempalte without uninstalling and reinstalling HCL? I only saw a place to choose the template during install. Is it possible to change it on the fly?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 06:25:24 PM »

It sure is, right now you have to edit config.php to change it, however that's fairly easy.  In 3.0.0, you'll be able to change it from the admin pages.

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 06:57:23 PM »

Ok, I tried it with the G template, not really what I thought it was. So I switche4d back to Bliss:) It's a little more intuitive. Now on to trying to make the popup:)

Thanks!
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 07:05:53 PM »

Ok, I seem to have broken something. I switched it to G, then switched back to Bliss. The admin/index.php looks fine, but when I click on the live help button and the monitor pops up, there's no template to it now it seems. The page comes up and all that is on it is in the upper left corner it says StatusSounds and then it show the ppl online, but very raw. Any idea what I did wrong?
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 07:38:07 PM »

Ok, well I don't know what borke it, but I deleted my Bliss folder off my server and reloaded it, and all looks ok again. Question about making the pop up notify, what tempalte file would I put the code in? Is it the monitor.tpl file?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 07:44:22 PM »

The file would be monitor_content.tpl

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 07:52:26 PM »

Ok, I'll play around and see what I come up with.Maybe I can just replace the sound event with a pop up, since I don't need the sound.

Also, I didn't see the fix on the forum here for the conflict with virtuemart if used in IE. Did you know there was a problem? Basically if the customer is using IE and your shop is virtuemart, whenever they are on a page that uses the virtuemart compoent, the the live chat has been requested by an operator graphic is stuck on the screen and cannot be closed. There is a fix though, I applied it today and it worked great. Let me know if you need me to post it.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 07:54:52 PM »

Please, if you can I'm sure that would help someone.  Either here or post a page in the install book on the portal part of the site.

BTW, I wish I would have known about you when we redid our water system a year ago.  Bad iron and sulpher, spent 3,000 and would have preferred to install it myself.

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 07:59:52 PM »

Heh, well if you ever need any water filtration stuff in the future, let us know:)

I will put it up in the installation page in a bit when I get a second. Funny thing is, that commercial company star something has the same issue, and they have no idea how to fix it:) I'll post the fix for ya though:
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 09:45:11 PM »

I went to a computer with speakers and tried initiating a chat request, but never heard any sound. Do I need to setup the sound somewhere? I made sure it was set to on in the monitor window.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 09:47:23 PM »

What browser/OS are the operator computers?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: