Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 05:27:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Questions about using HCL  (Read 30893 times)
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 09:48:45 PM »

Firefox/XP
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 10:35:42 PM »

It also seems to be just logging us off after 5 minutes of no activity. It shows online on the site, then if you refresh it shows offline, rather than switching to offline. However, we are not logging out, it just seems to kick us.

edit: Whoops, edited wrong message (mlz is a dork!)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:43:14 PM by mlzhosting » Logged
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 10:41:25 PM »

Your refreshing the main page or the monitor?  If you refresh the monitor, it will log you off, it's something in the java which I haven't drilled into too much yet, mostly because the window shouldn't be opening with a navigation toolbar.

As for the sounds, what plugins do you have for FF?  Are you getting the plug-in error?  I know I have both latest quicktime and windows media, and FF works fine for me.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:43:31 PM by mlzhosting » Logged

how may I help you today?
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 11:10:27 PM »

No, not getting the plugin error on the computers with sound. IT's just not making any sound when a chat is requested. I see the request.mp3 file in the bliss template, and if I click that I hear the voice say a chat has been requested. However, I opened the operator monitor on one computer, then on another computer went to our site and clicked live chat. I saw it sk if I wanted to accept the chat on the operator screen, but there was no sound.

As for the logging off. it's more like it just times out. Basically we have the monitor open for a bit, looking at who's logged into the site and what pages they are looking at, but not actually interacting with the window. Off on another window do something else for 5-10 minutes, then go back to the monitor window and it's basically timed out, not refreshing or anything.

I am making you an account, so if you want to see if it plays sounds for you, or if it times you out you can, if you don't have time, no worries..just making it an option:) use mlzhosting and [deleted]

it's cleanmywater.com/hcl/admin/index.php, of course you probably knew that:)

Edit: this time I intended to edit his message...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:22:14 PM by mlzhosting » Logged
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 11:25:44 PM »

Ok, can you ask your operators to not answer any chats from bresnan.net for the next few minutes?

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 11:31:30 PM »

Ok, I'm getting the sounds for the page access' and chat requests.  Gotta be a plug in or something.  here's a list of my plug-ins.:

Java(TM) Platform SE 6
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r45
Mozilla Default Plug-in
iTunes Detector Plug-in
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
QuickTime Plug-in 7.1.6
Microsoft? Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin

FireFox 2.0.0.4

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 11:54:39 PM »

So if you have the operator monitor open and then click on the live chat button from the site, it says "You have a chat request" or whatever? I know I only have quicktime 6, so I'll try upgrading to 7.1.

Did you happen to have the issue with the monitor timing out?
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 11:58:57 PM »

Ok, got sound on my comptuer by updating to QT 7.1, going to try the boses now:)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 11:59:58 PM »

Nope, ran for about 10 minutes, and was able to pull up an info on a visitor.

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 12:03:57 AM »

odd.

Sound didn't work on bosses computer after upgrading QT. Not sure what he is missing. Do the mp3 files need to be on his local harddrvie to play by chance?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 12:09:29 AM »

Nope, but under FF, it won't preload, so the first time takes a few seconds.  Might check the rest of the plugins and see how they match between the working computer and the non-working.  One day I'm going to pull all the FF plugins and establish just which ones are needed.  Maybe after 2.1.3 is complete.

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 12:11:18 AM »

What's the mozilla default plugin? or do you mean default plugins? like anything that comes with it?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 12:13:21 AM »

Actually, I'm going to un-install all added in ones, then start putting them in until things work.  That way I can post a list of plugins required for FF to work.

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 12:39:03 AM »

ok, I feel stupid. I did put the sound file mp3's on his computer just to make sure. Then I decided I'd try playing one, just to make sure it played. Low and behold, I got a windows media player popup to set up the media player to be able to play mp3's!LOL It's a VERY new computer:) So sound works now:)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 01:41:36 AM »

Too cool!  Another happy customer! Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: