Help Center Live Community
April 21, 2014, 04:43:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Access using Blackberry  (Read 6938 times)
aptenix
Not too much to say...

« on: July 13, 2007, 10:50:27 PM »

Hello All,
I just picked up a blackberry, and decided to try out checking the queue on my HCL. However, it seems no matter what I select (Answered, Closed, Open, etc.) the browser only shows the open page, and the table of tickets is not displayed. Anyone out there have a tweak to get these limited access browsers to work with HCL?

Thanks,
Chris
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 05:39:48 AM »

WAP access hasn't been a priority, however, we can add it to the feature request list.  You mention tickets, which implies that your either using osTicket or eTicket (or have hacked into my personal PC and stolen hclTicket, but I know you wouldn't do that... Smiley )

Be very careful if using osTicket, there are some nasty security issues there.  eTicket kind of works, and kind of does not.  There are issues with the admin portion that can corrupt the database.  It's an issue that has been pointed out several times to eTicket's devels, but they claim there is no issue.  Since I have no interest in working on eTicket, we have started work on hclTicket to replace them.  Right now it's VERY rudimentary, and has some issues of it's own, hence the reason it isn't released to the public yet.  Keep looking for it over then next couple of weeks.

how may I help you today?
aptenix
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 05:21:36 PM »

Actually, I was talking about OSTicket. I really like it, and it is easy to operate. It would be great to have WAP access added to the project scope. I'm not much of a coder, but am a professional software tester, so if you ever want to set up a beta site for new features, I would be happy to trade some test time for some code time toward WAP access. However, I'd say of the two...getting the security fixes for OSTicket is a higher priority for me than access through my handheld. Are the security issues code based, or configuration issues? Are there things I can do to negate some of the vulns myself as a non-coder?

Thanks,
Chris
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 06:12:16 PM »

If you like osTicket, you'll like eTicket, as it is based off of the now dead osTicket project.  I believe someone is working on bringing eTicket back to the table, but they haven't been on the forums for a few weeks now, so they may just be working through the issues, or decided not to pursue it.

The problem with wap in the instance your referring to isn't actually HCL, but osTicket, and as I've mentioned, it's a dead project. 

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: