Help Center Live Community
April 19, 2014, 03:24:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Admin Login  (Read 24690 times)
jntwebdesigns
Not too much to say...

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 04:16:23 AM »

Java plugin 1.6.0_01. Not sure what you mean by trusted servers list...
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 06:34:05 AM »

In tools:internet options:security tab, click on trusted sites, then add your servers URL to the list.  Basically trusted servers are allowed to be more permissive to ActiveX controls and Java apps.

how may I help you today?
dclune
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 07:17:25 AM »

My advice: DONT USE IE Smiley

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 07:35:08 AM »

Hey now, no fair using your referal code.... J/K Cheesy

dclune
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 09:40:36 AM »

Ha, I know I shouldn't really endorse that being "Microsoft Certified" but meh! Internet Explorer is not very well constructed.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 01:30:25 PM »

No

Comment

Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

jntwebdesigns
Not too much to say...

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 02:40:31 PM »

Uh, I just want to get the help center working.... if it isn't cross browser compatible, then not sure I want to ise it. Don't really care about getting into the IE vs. FF argument!!!!
dclune
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 02:47:29 PM »

It does work across browsers... its just that some of Microsoft's default settings for IE are too intrusive and restrictive in the same sense. Basically, when they see fit, they make application restrictions... so that means that when the website tries a java based request, Microsoft's internet Explorer blocks it.

This is a problem most scripts and developers incur. Basically, the security zone's in IE are not quite at a practicable level.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 02:54:40 PM »

As Daryl pointed out, this is partially a way for IE to deal with scripting attacks due to the manner that IE operates.  9 times out of ten the issue is resolved by setting your server as a trusted server.  The big down side to it is that IE7 will not allow trusted and untrusted sites in the same window.  It will force open a new window to prevent mixing them, which probably is a smart idea.

JNT, I use IE7 for all my live helps, not knocking FF, but for me it seems smoother in IE.  However there are some issues with IE, and always have been.  If you prefer IE6-7, use it, just realize that since Microsoft (finally) got on a security kick, they have made IE more and more restrictive towards any script, not just HCL. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: