Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 08:48:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aloha Folks - Need Help? Drop us a line...Quick responses, a pleasure.  (Read 5725 times)
BYTEmySITE
Not too much to say...

« on: July 11, 2008, 01:53:13 AM »

Aloha Everyone,

The author of this outstanding software paid us a visit recently.   He is a very nice fellow, we respect very much for his work.

While speaking with him about this great software, he made a point to mention he was working hard to bring all of us, his next awesome creation, ver 3.   We are very excited about his product, and have our own wish list as do many of you I see posting here.   So we asked how we could help him.

Simply put, he made it clear that he could use help with these forums.   So, here we are.   To help.

Now we are new to this software, but we moved to this product from "Crafty Syntax" because we feel this is a superior product.  So we are very familiar with how things work.   In fact, that is our biggest praise, this incredible author has done a much better development.   We find it much easier to use, robust, and flexible. 

So we will be recommending this software to all our customers as we grow.

Now I see quite a few folks looking for a heads up on simple things and a few needing a bit more, like installation help or template integration, etc.   Therefore, to help the author out, so he can spend more time brewing up an even better product.   We're happy to help as many as we can handle.

So, if you need help, and want fast answers, drop by our Help Desk, because we are watching all day, and Live for Chat with this excellent software very often.   If you post a ticket with us, we will respond typically in less than an hour, and we try to answer in less than two hours.   So you won't have to wait long for help, promise.

www. BYTEmySITE. org/HelpDesk

For those who need integration pointers, you can see our ideas when you drop in for a visit too.  While our HELP DESK is open now.   We do not "Go Live" with our Website Monitoring service for a few more days.   But, unless you need a lot of help, we are happy to provide some basic support at NO COST, if you don't mind giving our Website Uptime Monitoring a try, when we 'Go Live".   

Seems like a fair trade, hmm?  Besides, we are not asking for your money, since we offer FREE Membership, with no pressure to buy a darn thing, cool?

Ok, so for those that need a little more.   We have a great bunch of programmers, designers, and techy friends.   So if you need installation, template help, etc.   Feel free to ask.   We can likely meet your needs at a price you can afford.   Though, for any such help, please keep in mind that we will be asking an additional min.  $10-$25-$50, that we will ask you to donate directly to the author of this killer software.  Since he deserves the financial support to keep making things better and better, don't you think?  We do!

One last note, we installed ver 2. 1. 4 for our current network, but the author has asked us to upgrade and let him know about any issues.   So, we'll do one better.   We'll upgrade sometime this month, and post a detail of each step we used to do a SAFE UPGRADE ,and note any concerns.  That way, the rest of you will have additional details, to those already posted by the author.   Naturally, if we encounter any issues, we will either solve them and post the details, or get a little help form the author.   So stay posted on this.   We get to it soon as we can.

Aloha

AR
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »

Great to hear!  :) Things are looking up :D

. . .   but . . . . .  you say:
"If you post a ticket with us, we will respond typically in less than an hour, and we try to answer in less than two hours.   "

I am confused do I:
  • visit your site
  • post a ticket
  • wait one hour
  • if no answer: wait two hours???

I KNOW you guys are working hard etc but two hours staring at a blank pop-up window is a REALLY long time . . .  for me I get fedup if I can't get something moving in thirty seconds tops.   Web surfing generally I think it's far less than 5 seconds before people move on if they don't make the progress they anticipated . . .   so, you know all this, so I don't understand  Huh  For an example, my host (Acenet, an AMAZINGLY well supported service!!), I post a ticket and get email notification when they reply.   They usually reply in lest than ten minutes or so if it is LOW priority and in a minute or less if it's any higher.   Now ther ARE amazing but still . . .  HOURS?!?  I am confused.

Opposites are not contradictory but complimentary - Neils Bohr
BYTEmySITE
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »

Aloha,

I appreciate the response.

But you must remember that HCL is FREE, and we are offering FREE assistance.

If like your host, we or HCL were being PAID by anyone for this, we could afford more help to be there for you in minutes or even seconds.  Sorry, simple economics friend.

As for which way to contact us.  We are watching this forum, best we can, again we are do this at no charge to anyone.  So, we check about 2-4 times daily now.  So we are trying to answer any new messages posted for us several times a day.

If you want faster help, visit our HELP DESK, we are not open with our services yet, but we are watching our HELP DESK 15-18 hours daily..

Again, happy to help, but FREE is always less service than PAID, I think you understand that..  And, I would think you understand, we are providing a lot for FREE..right.

Have a great day, and again, happy to help with any post we can..

Respectfully,

AR
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »

Hey AR, I have hit some soft spot accidentally here.  I am not saying and never have said that you should be doing more.  I'm not saying you should be doing anything at all.  I thought I had thanked you for doing what you're doing.  I just thought I had misunderstood what you had said, because for me (perhaps ONLY for me) I simply CAN'T spend two hours looking at a screen that's not doing anything, IF that's what I need to do.  That's why I use RSS.  I understand completely if you can't answer in an hour or two or even a day or two.  As you say ANY answer for free should be appreciated and IT IS.  But, for me (and maybe ONLY for me) if the pop-up is not "live" i.e. "in the moment" then for me a simple email solution would work better.  Email notification is what my host help desk uses and it's great.  Again, my sincere apologies for the offence you have taken, I was not criticising you nor was I asking for anything at all from you.  I have not installed HCL.  I am only investigating it because its out there, on my site, in Fantastico.  So I started checking it out.  That's all.  When/if  I get to feel confident that there is something that would work for me (and that's nothing to do with the software, the skill of the author, the generosity of anyone here, it's just to do with me finding out what it's all about and whether I can use it in some way) then I'll install etc. At the moment the only result of my queries and observations is to irritate you guys, and that's NOT why I'm here.  Please believe me.  So once again my apologies for the offences caused and now I'll take my leave and just keep a "watching brief" (become a lurker in modern language) to see how things go.  No offence EVER intended.  Sad

Opposites are not contradictory but complimentary - Neils Bohr
BYTEmySITE
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 09:16:19 PM »

Aloha Talvenloppu,

Once again, relax...No offense taken.. 

I should note, perhaps it is not clear... when HCL LIVE CHAT is unable to find a LIVE OPERATOR, it is supposed to offer you the chance to send email.

Did our do that?  Or am I to understand that you received a totally BLANK popup?

Now, our plan is that when a visitor sends an email, the idea is, that email is PIPED into the HELP DESK.  Currently being fixed, so we are manually checking the support emails.  In any event, we think the plan is a good one..  But, it won't work if you saw a BLANK popup.  So, do let me know please.

Respectfully,

AR
Mike
Administrator
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »

I'm posting a live chat link here soon, so you all can chat with our group real time as well. .

Jason
BYTEmySITE
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 12:16:20 AM »

I'm posting a live chat link here soon, so you all can chat with our group real time as well. .

Jason

EXCELLENT Jason,

Can't ask for better...

Aloha

AR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: