Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 12:56:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any difficulty? maybe I can help...  (Read 6396 times)
Jorge
Not too much to say...

« on: July 14, 2009, 12:03:14 AM »

Can not install? I worked hard and I finally make it work.  Now I give my cooperation to those who have difficulty in installation and initial use.
voxinteractif
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 08:25:57 PM »

Hi,
thanks to you to propose your help.
Do you know how to setup or configure hcl for a multi-language (en and fr) website? I created 2 dif departements, but i don't really know how they work.
Thanks for any answer.
Best regards. . .
Jorge
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:56:08 PM »

Hi,
thanks to you to propose your help.
Do you know how to setup or configure hcl for a multi-language (en and fr) website? I created 2 dif departements, but i don't really know how they work.
Thanks for any answer.
Best regards. . .
Hello... Hummm... This is a difficult question. The language file is selected when you configure hcl... so i think is not possible. But i'm not sure - Sorry my friend! Ask Spenser, please.
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 11:34:37 PM »

I actually have no clue about how to configure it for bilingual support, but I would recommend attempting to set a cookie based on the language the user wants before HCL is loaded, then go in the config file (if that is where language files are loaded, if its somewhere else, then track it down) and load the language based off the cookie. I don't really know if that would work though, but that is what I would attempt

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
voxinteractif
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 04:07:25 PM »

Thanks for your ansered, but, i found a solution.   For those interested:
1 - create a new department for the french language
2 - generate a new code for this department to include in the page i want the hcl module appears
3 - create a french.   php file (translate the english.   php file in french)
4 - install it in the hcl/lang directory
5 - edit the hcl/ config.   php file and replace the line 79 ($conf['lang'] = 'english'; ) by the following code:

if (isset($_GET['departmentid']) ) {  // the departmentid is generated when you create a new department  
       if ($_GET['departmentid'] == 2){   // id of my 2nd department
      $conf['lang'] = 'french';
      }else{
      $conf['lang'] = 'english';
      }
     }

else{         // for the admin side (if you omit it, you will have an error in your admin page)
      $conf['lang'] = 'english';        
   }
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:00:52 PM by voxinteractif » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: