Help Center Live Community
April 17, 2014, 05:40:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back to basis  (Read 6391 times)
enkidu
Not too much to say...

« on: December 24, 2008, 01:12:02 AM »

First of all - great work I really admire what you have done.  
Second - sorry for my English - it's not even my fourth language.    (but still learning ;-)
Third and most important - what the hell is going on here!?
Open source is not only "free software" as you mentioned otherwise.    This is a community, yeah? So why oh why this forum isn't working properly?
 Why there are errors never faced in HCL (message character limit, no sound on firefox, 40-something file transfer limit on others) and newer answered? I mean - for YEARS?
I totally understand - you are busy now with glorious 3.   0 version and you just haven't got a time to answer a stupid question, but how can you think about to implement a video-chat without resolving a problem of 150 character limit per message?
Open source means community - get on track with this buggy forum and let the others do the job.    You don't really have to do everything by yourself.  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:26:34 PM by enkidu » Logged
Leasten
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 03:38:55 AM »

I do not see anything wrong in this forum .  ,Can you give the specific problem of its problem?

SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

Well one thing that is wrong with this forum is people digging up old threads Wink

As for the bugs, many of these have come up recently (ff 3.0.6 for instance), and others are not nearly as important.  And there are quite a few bug fixes that have been posted in the past (sound on firefox DOES work, you just have to apply a simple patch. And this patch has been applied to the trunk so the next release WILL have it). And they have been working on version 3.0, which I have seen, and you will not be disappointed. It is quite the improvement and will be well worth the wait.

As for community, as has been mentioned before, the community never provided much more than questions, most of which had been asked at least once before. The code was on an SVN repo for years from what I have been told, and there was MINIMAL support/help from the community. That is slowly changing now, as myself and a few others have stepped forward to help code, but they are hesitant to go the route of it being a community project again, considering the community is nothing but whiners and needy idiots who can't click search for the most part.

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: