Help Center Live Community
July 22, 2014, 12:23:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta 1 of HCL 2.1.3 is available  (Read 52461 times)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 11:09:41 PM »

No this version didn't have DB upgrades.

One point, if you still want to test the beta, install a second copy (hcl-beta/ of instance).  I wouldn't use any beta in a production environment.  I'll be interested to see if anyone else has this issue.

how may I help you today?
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 11:23:27 PM »

I got it!   Ok so I'm doing research on header problems and keep seeing check for blank space after ?>.  So I looked for this earlier, but didnt see anything. 

Wel I go to a clients house to deliver their laptop and I'm checking the forum while I wait for it to finish. 

Everything keeps pointing to that version.php file.  Well I go into my hosting account and they have Webshell which is an online file management application.  So I open version.php and BAM at the top before the <?php is some gibberish.  I looked at this file in dreamweaver and notepad++ earlier and didnt see anything. 

So I remove the 3 characters of caca and now its all cool. 

thanks mike for all your trouble. 
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 11:25:52 PM »

Oh that is a strange one.  I never even considered a corrupted file...

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2007, 11:30:01 PM »

It seems that characters or white space before or after the php statements confuse browsers when it comes to headers.  Like you said there was only one item in the version file, but those extra characters where causing the page to load something, then the headers command couldnt recover, now we know and knowing is half the battle GI JOE, sorry couldnt resist.

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 06:49:04 AM »

Ended up removing the secure chat.  I was looking through the code for the xmlhttprequest and noticed it said that it could send to remote domains.  Well that is what i was doing,  trying to send request between a http and a https domain.  As soon as I did this I was initiate a chat and the initiate.gif popped up. 

My ticket system runs on that secure domain and I had the hcl as an included page a la centralized place i could create tickets and monitor the website.  Before i made hcl secure i was getting the secure unsecure warning from my browser and got tired of clicking show unsecure.  So i made it secure, little did i know i was shooting myself in the foot.

Lesson learned.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 07:19:56 AM »

Hmm, I can think of a few ways to allow both http and https.  They would require quite extensive modifications to the system, as there are certain checks that should be made to avoid issues you've run into.  However, with 2.2.x that might be something that can be done.  I'm going to add this as a feature request as there are several situations where I see this could be an issue.

I think better https support is very important.  Let's face it, for the vast majority of users, the script will be used in a sales environment.  Those environments would require SSL support.  However there are situations (remote site) where you need to do both, and this is where the checks are needed.

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 05:13:42 PM »

Update, the version.php problem noted above was in the archive.  Beta1a is now released with a garbage free version.php file.  My appologies for the problem.  I'll be lint checking all files from here on out for issues such as this.

tommyjohn
Not too much to say...

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2007, 03:54:00 AM »

One of my hardest challenges being a web designer is having to make cross platform websites. Angry Angry Angry

If you havent already, you should look into Adobe Flex (Flex Builder 2). Its insane building one application/site and have it work the same on nearly all browsers the first time out! Thats before you even consider the beauty of Apollo/AIR.

Way off topic, but wanted to comment.

... and yes I am a huge Flash + AS3 fan.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2007, 04:09:11 AM »

As someone that tries to avoid doing layout and design, being mostly a coder, I love Eclipse.  For me it's essential to be able to use the same development software no matter if I'm on the Windows machine, a Linux or BSD machine, or a Mac OS/X machine.  Right now I've hardly got any projects going, only about 6.  Usually that number is more like 10-15.  I need to know that everything will the same, and not have to try and remember different procedures for different platforms.

For HCL, I have three different computers currently working on different areas at once(2.1.3, 2.2.0, and some ideas for the trouble ticket issue), I'll put some code in one, get frustrated or what not, and jump to the next project.  Some times I'll just while I try to figure out what I'm going to do next.  But when I make that jump, I don't want to try to remember how to do a CVS update or commit, I don't want to have to remember how to lint the file out, and I certainly need to know all the shortcuts.

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 06:05:46 AM »

I have unstickied this post and locked it as a new beta has come out.  My general rule is when a topic is obsolete, it should not be sticky, and since we want new bugs posted with the new beta announcement, I've locked replies.

Thanks to all of you who helped with Beta 1.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: