Help Center Live Community
April 19, 2014, 11:08:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red X instead of logo?  (Read 5030 times)
parley
Not too much to say...

« on: October 28, 2009, 07:29:50 PM »

In the upper center of the page I am getting a red X instead of the logo when a client is requesting to chat? I also get the red X on the Livehelp monitor page?  I just installed a new theme also.  Cannot figure this out. . . .
Parley
thetao
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 08:01:34 PM »

It's a bug (among many others) in the current release of HCL.   I asked this question last week in this thread: hxxp: www. helpcenterlive. com/smf/broken_online_and_offline_icons_after_installation-t1088. 0. html.   I've been able to fix various minor "unknown variable" and other problems, but am not a whiz with PHP, and the code is relatively complicated.   Sorry, but to the best of my knowledge, there is not currently a fix.
parley
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 08:19:02 PM »

Bummer. . . I did not have this issue (I believe) until I changed the theme.  In the original BLISS theme, there is suppose to be a directory path . . . /templates/bliss/images/logo/main. gif   There is no directory logo/main. gif and I even re-downloaded the package to verify that I had not "messed" with anything.  If I knew which php file controlled that, I can add that and be done with this. . . anyone have any ideas?
Seems there is just some file pathing/missing logo's and this could be solved.
thetao
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »

I assume you read my original post, but so we're not talking apples and oranges, the icon issue I saw has nothing to do with the theme setting in the config. php file.   I noticed a problem after interacting with the "Icons" settings when logged in as administrator.

The bugs I've discovered so far fall into roughly three categories: 1) major design issues that may cause us to move to Crafty Syntax or some other chat system (just found this competitor yesterday), 2) larger bugs that aren't crippling and that I can probably fix in time, and 3) minor bugs/quirks that I can probably fix in <1 hour.   I put the Icons problem in 2).   If we can get a handle on 1), then I'll revisit 2). . . assuming another user doesn't beat me there, or version 3 isn't released in the meantime.   Currently I'm careful to leave the "Icons" interface alone.
parley
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »

Yep Read your post.  Mine has to do with icons/logos.  Go to my website www. parleypromotions. com

Click on the live help and initiate a session, when you do that and it asks you to put in your nickname, look at the header in the center and you will see what I am talking about.  That should help better understand what I am may not be explaining clearly.  I am online so you can chat if you need to.
thetao
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 10:26:02 PM »

I tried your chat, and either you set a very long timeout value, or I got stuck on the "Please wait while we connect you" page.   I've read about that happening, but it hasn't occurred so far during internal testing.

I checked the source code and the img tag value is set to "".   There is supposed to be a top image, right?  We're using the default G template, and the logo image is set to templates/G/images/logo/popup. gif.   (I replaced the default with one of our own. )  The file that generates the page is in <your template>/live_main. tpl.

Actually, this could also be a browser issue.   IE shows those broken image placeholders, while I believe Firefox and others do not.   If the layout varies by browser, then I suppose the template designer was sloppy and you'll need to fix the live_main. tpl file.
parley
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 11:20:28 PM »

Well I must have done something when I added the themes.  I unistalled and reinstalled the HCL and the directory structure and images are now correct.  Thank you for your help. . . Now I just have to wonder if there is another issue since we could not chat with HCL.  I did see you come on and I did reply. . .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: