Help Center Live Community
July 24, 2014, 04:25:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't login after system crash, User name lost  (Read 4883 times)
pcroubalian
Not too much to say...

« on: July 23, 2009, 02:17:35 PM »

Hello,

I have Help Center Live 2. 1. 7 installed on my site.  After my laptop crashed, I lost my user name and can't log in.

Any way to retrieve it?

Thanks in adavance

Paul
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 03:55:42 PM »

Yes, if you open up phpmyadmin on your website and navigate to the users table you should see it there

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
pcroubalian
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 05:34:45 PM »

Thanks

Found the user name.  But, I still can't log in.  Maybe I don't actually remember the password, and the one in the table is gibberish.  For the heck of it, I pasted the "password" value onto the login screen but no dice.  Any ideas?

Paul
pcroubalian
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »

While I was at it, I added another user and tried to log in with that info. . .  didn't work but you probably already knew that it wouldn't

Thanks
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 12:45:11 AM »

Well the "gibberish" is your password encrypted with MD5. It is a one way hashing algorithm, so there is no way you can get your password back. How did you try adding the new user? Through phpmyadmin? Or through HCL (if you managed to get to a register screen somehow)?

If you can't remember your password, I would recommend backing up all of the tables except for the user table, reinstalling HCL, and then dropping and reimporting all of the other tables back in.  That will give you a new account, while retaining all of your previous information and settings

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
pcroubalian
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 06:24:18 PM »

Thanks for your help.  It certainly helped to know what the "gibberish" was.

I replaced the password in the operators table through PHP admin using the MD5 function.  I am now back in.

Again, thanks for your help
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: