Help Center Live Community
July 23, 2014, 12:57:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: chat doesn't work at all on Firefox  (Read 6127 times)
lesterspiff
Not too much to say...

« on: May 11, 2009, 08:29:57 PM »

I had everything working on this system a few months ago on all browsers.  Something changed in the meantime and I got a call from my client that chat wasn't working at all.  They mostly use Firefox.

Some server changes had recently been made, so I figured that was somehow involved.  I got the most recent copy of HCL and upgraded.  Today, everything is working fine in IE, but no luck on Firefox. 

On the operator side, nothing comes up in the Live Support window below the header to show browsing users. 

On the user side I get stuck on the "Please wait while we connect you" message.  I get zero javascript errors at any point.

I have seen similar questions on the forum, but they are usually followed up with people saying the poster hasn't provided enough info.  There is a mention of a FAQ in the stickies, but I couldn't find it.  Is there any specific information on common problems with HCL on Firefox?
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 12:13:49 AM »

If you use the search function, or even browse through, you will see a large (3 page) topic on issues with firefox. Here is a link to help you out... Click me

The fix is basically replacing this.fallback = true with a check for IE (and accordingly setting this.fallback to true or false)

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
lesterspiff
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 06:28:18 PM »

Thanks, that seems to have worked.  I haven't tried in on anything but Firefox or IE and nothing on a Mac, but on Windows & Linux on Firefox, that fix works.

For anyone who ends up here instead of thet 3 page thread, here's what was recommended:
1.   from class/js/normal/aardvark.  php (line 49 on mine)

Change the Boolean below to look like this:
// Boolean whether to use the fallback method instead of XMLHttpRequest
        if (navigator.  appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {this.  fallback = false;} else {this.  fallback = true;}

2.  from class/js/aardvark.  php (line 28 on mine)

place this code into the first section that has the   this.  fallback = false     
it should look as the others have stated and as i have below.

if (navigator.  appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {this.  fallback = false;} else {this.  fallback = true;};

Here is the section as i have it coded on my server- for reference in finding it:

function Aardvark(object) { this.  object = object; this.  xmlhttp = new XMLHttpRequest(); this.  mac = navigator.  platform.  indexOf('Mac'); this.  msie = navigator.  userAgent.  indexOf("MSIE"); this.  image = new Image(); if (navigator.  appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {this.  fallback = false;} else {this.  fallback = true;}; this.  url = ''; this.  variables = new Array(); this.  vars = new Array(); this.  connect_host = ''; this.  install_host = ''; this.  initiated = false; this.  url_built = false; this.  response = ''; this.  gc = 'reset'; this.  validateurl = function()
{ this.  connect_host = this.  url; this.  install_host = document.  location.  toString(); this.  connect_host = this.  connect_host.  replace(/(.  *?)\/\/(.  *?)\/(.  *)/i, "$1//$2"); this.  install_host = this.  install_host.  replace(/(.  *?)\/\/(.  *?)\/(.  *)/i, "$1//$2"); this.  connect_host = this.  connect_host.  replace(/(.  *?)\/\/(.  *?)/i, "$2"); this.  install_host = this.  install_host.  replace(/(.  *?)\/\/(.  *?)/i, "$2"); if (this.  connect_host !== this.  install_host) { this.  fallback = true;}
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »

Good to hear that you got it fixed up. And sorry about that link, I had tried to link directly to the post, but I guess it didn't feel like working with me Tongue

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
bluedog
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 01:59:36 AM »

This should be made a sticky or something.  Cheers Lester
jairosll
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 02:55:40 AM »

Nice! it works!!
Funciona!!
 Grin

JSLL
Pages: [1]   Go Up