Help Center Live Community
April 21, 2014, 10:39:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chat transcripts in foreign language not working 100%  (Read 6568 times)
thomasw98
Not too much to say...
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 3


« on: July 21, 2007, 08:01:32 AM »

Love this script. Works really great for me, although I have had trouble with the pages locking up and having to re-login at least once every hour. Maybe this has been caused by my server being too slow, so i just upgraded to a geographically closer server and will see if that helps.

Just installed the latest verion of HCL "fresh" (i.e. not an upgrade).

Anyhoo...here's my problem:

I am using HCL with a chinese language pack. Everything works great...except the transcripts. They are saved without a problem but when I view one of them, the customer's messages are readable (i.e. the Chinese characters appear correctly) but the online staff person's messages are gibberish (a typical problem that happens with Chinese characters that are not encoded correctly).

So it seems that one side of the chat is being recorded and stored properly in Chinese GB2312 code, but the other side is not. Here's an example of what I see when I view a chat transcript...I have replaced the actual Chinese words with English notes:

(14:38:20) Customer: (chinese characters display fine here)
(14:38:31) Thomas: `},???黝 繦镥.┄?   (gibberish)
(14:38:45) Customer: (chinese characters display fine here)
(14:38:56) Thomas: "??学?"?!峞,嵙 (gibberish again)

Note that in config.php, I definitely specify Chinese character coding (simplifiedchinese is the name of my lang pack which works perfectly for everything else in the script except transcripts):

// The language you wish to use
        $conf['lang'] = 'simplifiedchinese';


and I also specify Chinese coding in my lang pack:

$lang['charset'] = 'gb2312';


Any ideas where I can dig to fix this?

Thanks,

Thomas
Logged
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 882


WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 12:59:21 PM »

Thomas, I've put in a bug report on this, so that it gets looked at.  I had thought the bug report was still in there because of a problem with Russian as well, however I didn't find it this morning.  My apologies.  This is a known issue, and one that needs resolution.  I'll try to see if we can't get you a hotfix today.
Logged

how may I help you today?
taro
Not too much to say...
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1


« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 07:47:04 AM »

I got a same problem in Japanese. Has this been fixed yet? Thanks.
Logged
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 882


WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 03:09:13 PM »

Unfortunately no, I'm trying to work out a way to keep from losing stored logs with the fix, which actually requires rewriting the way the data is stored, without breaking things.
Logged

how may I help you today?
joey
Not too much to say...
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1


« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 08:42:04 AM »

Nice system,thank you guys.

but almost one year after,I dig this topic out,And because I get the same problem here !!!

keep working ~~~
Logged
phonograph
Not too much to say...
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1


« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 10:31:02 AM »

I am using HCL with a chinese language pack,$lang['charset'] = 'utf-8';

same problem: transcripts and email_transcript are not encoded correctly,show messy code
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.8 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.164 seconds with 18 queries.

Google visited last this page April 11, 2014, 11:57:28 PM