Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 05:22:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CoBrowse & CoForm  (Read 11551 times)
jamie.johnstone
Not too much to say...

« on: January 14, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »

Hello,

I was wanting to know how exactly you use the CoBrowse and CoForm features? I have setup several different tracking points and Live Support links that all have CoBrowse enabled in various places on our website, but cannot find out how to actually activate this feature.

Now, I don't know if I'm just totally missing something, or misunderstanding what CoBrowse and CoForm means, but my idea is that it means you can 'see' where a user is browsing, watch them entering forms and fill out forms when they are stuck. However, I can't seem to find any buttons, links or anything that allow me to activate a CoBrowse session - i.e. I don't know how to get into the area of HCL that allows me to see the clients web browser. Do I need a plugin for this?

We are running 2.1.5 with a customized version of the "G" theme (no core code edits, just images and formatting).

Your help would be appreciated Smiley

Regards,

Jamie Johnstone
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:05:12 AM by jamie.johnstone » Logged
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 06:23:44 PM »

hi, when you generate the code on the Admin pannel you must click on Cobrowse.  Then, when a user is navigating thought your website, you will see him/her on the monitor.  Then, you can chat with him by clicking on "Chat" button

jamie.johnstone
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 04:02:41 AM »

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your response - so am I to assume that CoBrowse and CoForm do NOT give you the ability to actually view what a user is doing, or to fill in forms with them, ala Remote Desktop help like in LivePerson?

(see http://www.liveperson.com/sb/cobrowse.asp)

Also- does anyone know about the problem with the word 'Aardvark' appearing in Firefox on Mac's? Sort of random, but thought I'd point it out. The word 'Aardvark' appears above Online and offline images and text when you browse a page using Firefox on a mac... but it doesnt stay there, it flashes on and off every few seconds. Weird, huh?

Regards,

Jamie Johnstone
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 04:13:29 PM »

you are right, it's not to help users hand to hand, is to request a chat with them, instead of waiting that they ask for a chat.

About the Aardvark, there is another post on this forum related to this problem, take a look at it

Adamski
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 09:51:17 PM »

I think the names for this need to be amended as it isn't co browsing or co form at all.

It's just monitoring and send chat request (aka pop ups) which is what it should be called.  Got excited for a moment that this was built in!

DomainDonkey - coming soon!
William.Murray
Not too much to say...

Enabling users to achieve more through IT

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:09:14 PM »

This is actually a great question.   I had installed HCL under the belief that it provided the CoBrowse & CoForm functionality.   Perhaps the name should be changed on the product description page.

I think HCL is a great tool.   I still recommend it to businesses who do not need the CoBrowse functionality.

Are we close to developing CoBrowse for HCL or perhaps using open source code from SourceForge to implement this?

If not, do we have volunteers who would like to create a team to work on this?

William "Caddyshack" Murray
Programmer/Analyst
jamie.johnstone
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 09:23:04 AM »

Pulling apart HCL for the windows client that we are working on, I've actually found that there is a rather large section dedicated to the CoBrowse/CoForm function, and from what I can see, I do believe they are for the purpose of "CoBrowsing" as per my explanation above.  It appears to be a function only available to clients using WinApp - hopefully I'll have something similar out soon.

I'm still working on the mechanics of synching an operator and clients web browsers but my initial experimentation is pretty promising - will let you know the situation asap!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: