Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 06:19:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Development has begun on new Windows client  (Read 37382 times)
« on: November 11, 2007, 11:21:24 PM »

This is just an announcement to let everyone know that I've finally managed to make enough time to begin coding on a new Windows based client for HCL.  Development is being done in C# and I actually have a working copy of Winapp still running so with a couple of packet captures I've already got all commands and responses mapped out and just need to incorporate into the program.   The login has been completed over the weekend and hopefully I can have an alpha release in a week or two.

I hope to include all features of the web-based monitor into the software.  I'll keep everyone updated on the forums about how the progress is coming.

Thanks,
Jerry
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 11:35:08 PM »

Great Jerry, we will be alert on this

humaneasy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 06:00:20 PM »

This is just an announcement to let everyone know that I've finally managed to make enough time to begin coding on a new Windows based client for HCL.  Development is being done in C# and I actually have a working copy of Winapp still running so with a couple of packet captures I've already got all commands and responses mapped out and just need to incorporate into the program.   The login has been completed over the weekend and hopefully I can have an alpha release in a week or two.

I hope to include all features of the web-based monitor into the software.  I'll keep everyone updated on the forums about how the progress is coming.

Thanks,
Jerry

If you make it based on GTK+ or QT it will have (finally) portability between *nix, Windows and Mac from start.

Do it, please, and I can help debugging on Linux Smiley

A little something about me.
Helped you? Can you, please, rate me. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 06:38:19 AM »

I would love to code a cross platform client, but unfortunately my programming skills only extend, and are confined to, windows based enviroments. This isn't to say I will not look into it, because I'm still in the beginning stages of development and now would be the time to make a change like you mentioned.  Thanks for the input.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 11:06:41 PM »

Actually, mono is somewhat cross platform compatible with C#...

how may I help you today?
humaneasy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 12:26:05 AM »

I would love to code a cross platform client, but unfortunately my programming skills only extend, and are confined to, windows based enviroments. This isn't to say I will not look into it, because I'm still in the beginning stages of development and now would be the time to make a change like you mentioned.  Thanks for the input.

GTK+ for Windows (more cross-compatible with GNOME), and some books to ease the learning curve.
QT for Windows (more cross-compatible with KDE, eventually), and some books to ease the learning curve

Some of the books are a little dated but there are some very recent books too. And since you program in C++, there is hope. C and C# won't be such a daunting task too, I believe.

But on Linux/X Windows this is not important hence you could have GTK+ apps running on XFCE, KDE or even WindowMaker. The Desktop Manager is not really important.

But porting to other systems is easier from there.

Skype for Linux is made with QT and GIMP for Windows uses GTK+
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 12:34:14 AM by humaneasy » Logged

A little something about me.
Helped you? Can you, please, rate me. Thanks!
dekrzycho
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 04:25:27 PM »

This is great...
I can help but my programing skils are not so good...
But I can translate something into Polish....

I look forwart to hearing something anout that WIN client...
kennibc
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 05:18:17 PM »

How is the development going?  We are interested in this feature.  Any update on a release?

Thanks,
Chris
coolmike
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 06:02:11 PM »

Hi

I'm also very interested in a linux version. Is there any progress?

Michael
ambithosting
Not too much to say...

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »

I read mlzhosting's post on the front of the site, can anyone provide me with his email, or give him my email and tell him to contact me?   chris(at)morpia.com
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 02:49:27 AM »

Hi Chris,

I've taken over where Mike left off.. how can I help you?

Jason

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »

Sorry for the lack of updates and ghostly habits I've formed around the forum.  My business has just been taking everything out of me and all my time at that, therefore development is rather slow.  Once again I apologize, but I haven't given up. 

Jerry
TimberM
Not too much to say...

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 11:54:05 PM »

Quote from: 123 Support I. T.  link=topic=291. msg2610#msg2610 date=1214428009
Sorry for the lack of updates and ghostly habits I've formed around the forum.   My business has just been taking everything out of me and all my time at that, therefore development is rather slow.   Once again I apologize, but I haven't given up.  

Jerry

One Question, Will it be free?
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 10:23:31 PM »

I've yet to come to a conclusion about licensing.  I apologize, but have just been focusing on development.  Rest assured I will post as soon as I decide on how I want to do it. 

Thanks
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 10:41:43 PM »

Hey 123 Support,

Don't worry with it, a community member has already begin development on a winapp we'll have more control over.

Jason

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: