Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 12:26:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disallow multiple operators from accepting chat  (Read 5657 times)
meisenheimer
Not too much to say...

« on: August 29, 2007, 06:05:24 PM »

Is there a way to have the accept chat message/link disappear from an operator's monitor window, once another operator has accepted the chat?

Thanks,
Shannon

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 07:44:32 PM »

It does once the server update happens. The server tries to avoid sending info unless something changes, to help save bandwidth.  I'd like to make it "timeout" after a admin defined timelimit to clear the chat flag, however overdoing it will slow down overall response time of the system.

how may I help you today?
meisenheimer
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:53:53 PM »

So nothing I can do about it.

I ask because it can be a little confusing for the user requesting the chat.  If operator A accepts the chat after operator B has already accepted, the messages all show as coming from operator B.  This gets wierd when "operator B" (who is really operator A) says "Hello, can I help you" in the middle of the chat.

I'm also wondering if this may have anything to do with operator A having not activated the activex control before the chat is bounced to and accepted by operator B.

I have limited, if no, server access, so I can't change the server to a trusted source.  Our network services team will likely not be willing to do that.

Thanks,
Shannon

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 09:33:33 PM »

Yes, not activating the control can cause some major issues with all of the scripts.  If IT will not allow IE to be to the server as trusted, is it possible they would allow FireFox to be used instead?

meisenheimer
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 10:00:34 PM »

We can use either IE or FF, but most people are using IE.

Thanks for the help though,
Shannon

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 10:13:55 PM »

That's probably the best bet.  Microsoft is finally increasing security, and IMHO they have overdone it in a few places. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: