Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 09:58:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitor window preventing chat  (Read 4700 times)
meisenheimer
Not too much to say...

« on: August 30, 2007, 04:40:32 PM »

I'm using FF.  I also had the same issue in IE, the monitor activity would eventually lock up IE and prevent me from accepting the chat because my system would get bogged down from all the refreshes.

When a chat request comes in and is accepted the chat window launches.  The problem is the monitor window is either hogging comp resources or my bandwidth, because I can never actually respond to the user.  By the time I get my Welcome message typed in they have closed the session. 

I didn't know if bumping up one of the timers would take care of it.  It seems to be caused by the monitor's refresh rate.

We want to monitor the footprints left by the users, so I don't want to set the refresh timer too high.

Didn't know if anyone else has had the same issue, I did search the forum and didn't find anything.

Thanks,
Shannon

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 06:42:37 AM »

What version of the software are you using?  Also, what java version are you running, you shouldn't see the java running up the resources by more then a few percent.

how may I help you today?
meisenheimer
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 10:21:39 PM »

Using HCL 2.1.2 and Java Plug-in 1.5.0_12

Thanks,
Shannon

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:50:31 AM »

I'm wondering if your running into the Aardvark timer bug.  Also, if your running 2.1.2, at the very least install the security hotfix, or better upgrade to 2.1.5.  The security hotfix does not repair the timer bug, however it fixes a potential security issue.  The upgrade fixes both.

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: