Help Center Live Community
April 18, 2014, 09:09:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantastico Install - Wont Work!  (Read 7687 times)
orion2sirius
Not too much to say...

« on: September 07, 2007, 05:06:19 PM »

Hi Folks!

I'm trying to install HCL for the first time via may Cpanel and Fantastico. The install seems to work properly but once I click on the link (On Fantastico after install where it says I should Bookmark This Page) all I get is the following error... Access denied for user 'xxxx_hclv1'@'localhost' to database 'xxxx_hclv1' (xxxx = my username which I keep private for now!)

I've tried Going into cpanel and assigning "User" xxxx_hclv1 to "Database" xxxx_hclv1 and also my default / main SQL Username to "xxxx_hclv1" too... When i do this I actually do see the HCL "Admin Log-In" screen... However, when i try and enter the username and password I created when installing HCL, the following error appears at the very top of the screen...

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/xxxx/public_html/support/class/database.php on line 265

Now... no matter what kind of configuration of usernames and passwords I try... (Trust me... they are all very similar and there are only just 3 combinations I can use except for ACTUAL SQL Db usernames I can try and i have tried them all!)... I still get the exact same error and cannot get any further no matter what i try! Oh and by the way... I've tried the remove and then install about 5 times now... even using the default username "admin" and Password "admin" too and i still get the same as above and no further!

I seriously need to get the Help Center up and running as soon as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated! Oh and... Im sorry if this problem has been posted about before but i did try the search function as well as a bit of browsing but i found nothing that related to my problem! Thanks again in advance for any help folks! I hope to hear from someone soon! Wink
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:02:33 PM by orion2sirius » Logged
AMateos
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:39:54 PM »

Contact your hosting provider, it seems Fantastico is not working properly.

Try to install HCL manually.

Sotem.es - Spanish hosting with MSN Support
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 05:46:21 PM »

Not to mention that the versions that Fantastico installs are old and have security issues....

how may I help you today?
orion2sirius
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 06:00:39 PM »

Thanks so far guys! I'll give a manual install a try and post back here on how i get on!... If I'm successful then maybe this topic may end up being of use to someone in the future!

Watch this space... I'll Be Back! Tongue
AMateos
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 06:04:52 PM »

good luck installing it! Wink

orion2sirius
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 06:45:38 PM »

Oooooh!... So far during the file upload process I've seen a few RED permission errors flyin by! I really hope this don't effect things too much by the time it's finished! Unfortunately my FTP program wont let me have a long enough look at these fly-by errors as they happen! So... Only time will tell now! lol..

I'll update here though when i have more info...
orion2sirius
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 06:55:49 PM »

ooops! Sry for the Double Post but here's a n00b question for ya!...

When it says that you should have an SQL position available... does that mean that I should create one or that one will be created as long as there is space for it? I have unlimited SQL so if it wants to go and create one then it can fire away and make all the SQL it wants!

So... what do i do..? Make an SQL Db or just proceed with a blank field?

Oh Oh... And just one more question... On the first screen where it says "If you have just completed the setup, you need to delete your 'setup' directory before you can login"... Should i delete the "Setup" directory before I click "Submit" or wait til the install is all done?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:59:34 PM by orion2sirius » Logged
orion2sirius
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 07:14:50 PM »

Okay... I know that this is a Triple post Violation but I really really need help here! But I just went ahead with the installation with the following info...

Hostname : "Localhost"

Database : "Support" ( <-- should i have left this blank? )

Username : "Admin" ( <-- Should I have entered my Admin Server UN? )

Password : "XXXXXX" ( <-- Should I have Entered my usual Admin Server PW? )

Prefix : "hcl_"

INSTALLATION:

Url : "http://mydomain/support" (Is there something else I gotta do here besides changing the DIR name from "hcl" to "support"? )

Monitor Traffic : "Yes monitor traffic and chat requests"

Company name : "My Company" ( Can I choose any name for this field? )

Template : "Bliss"

After supplying the above info I got the following error...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/support/class/database.php on line 48
Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

So... There's my set up and problems folks! Please Help if Yall Can!! Thanks! Wink
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:18:13 PM by orion2sirius » Logged
AMateos
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 01:30:53 AM »

Hi,
I just can help you on this:
Hostname : "Localhost"

Database : "Support" ( <-- Your user_DBName )

Username : "Admin" ( <-- Your MySQL user Ex. CPuser_DBuser)

Password : "XXXXXX" ( <-- Your MySQL user password Ex. 123456)

Prefix : "hcl_" ( <-- This is for use a MySQL DB with other scripts. I dont recommend it.)

This:
INSTALLATION:

Url : "http://mydomain/support" (Is there something else I gotta do here besides changing the DIR name from "hcl" to "support"? )

You shouldn't have any problem because you change the DIR name. (MLZ, correct me if im wrong)

Company name : "My Company" ( Can I choose any name for this field? )

Yes, you can.

Do you need something more? Have you think about pay someone to install it for you? Here is a forum to do it.

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 04:24:59 AM »

You must create the database and user before running install.  The new installer will create the DB, but the 2.x.x installer still requires that it be created first.  Once you get the screen where your told to delete setup directory, go ahead and delete it, the system will loop back to setup if it finds the directory, again, this will be changed in 3.x but I really would like to avoid messing with the 2.x installer (3.x does almost everything a little different at this point)

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: