Help Center Live Community
April 20, 2014, 04:52:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fantastico via hostgator install issue  (Read 5646 times)
mrryde
Not too much to say...

« on: April 28, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »

I tried to install twice via Fantastico and get this error when I try to generate image code:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /help/admin/code. php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Version installed is 2. 1. 7

Any clue on how to resolve this?  Should I just bag the Fantastic install and do it manually?

Code generation works for Text and HTML, so I am a bit confused since I am assuming at this point that all code generation types would access code. php.

I'll try and troubleshoot myself, but if anyone has come across this and knows of a fix, i'd appreciate it
William.Murray
Not too much to say...

Enabling users to achieve more through IT

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 04:03:08 PM »

The manual install took me about 10-15 minutes so I'd recommend going that route rather than spending more time troubleshooting.

William "Caddyshack" Murray
Programmer/Analyst
acer_sage
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 06:46:07 AM »

Ok your problem is not the coding but the permission you have set on the ( code.  php ) file. 

You should find the ( code.  php ) file on the admin folder, it's the fourth one to the bottom, change the permission for ( code.  php ) from 0755 to 0644, that should do the trick and you won't have the same problem again.  .  . 

Good luck and have fun  Wink

lol.  .  .  .   Now my problem is that I can't connect to the client or from client to operator.  .  .  .  .   how can I fix that?

Thanks. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:47:47 AM by acer_sage » Logged
nlmc
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 05:23:46 AM »

Quote from: acer_sage link=topic=961.  msg3918#msg3918 date=1241329567
Ok your problem is not the coding but the permission you have set on the ( code.    php ) file.   

You should find the ( code.    php ) file on the admin folder, it's the fourth one to the bottom, change the permission for ( code.    php ) from 0755 to 0644, that should do the trick and you won't have the same problem again.    .    .   

Thanks.   

I did this, but I still have the problem.    What should I do?  Also, I manually installed it and it still give me the same error message of 404 error. 

Also, when I was installing it manually, on step 5, it said that the config file was not writable.   I already changed the permission, so I clicked Continue.   But nothing happened.   So I clicked Skip.   Does this affect anything?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:28:41 AM by nlmc » Logged
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 04:04:45 PM »

Okay, set the permissions on everything to 755 right now, as well as cache, compile, and config.php to 777. you NEED to have it writeable during the setup, otherwise it can't save the connection information.

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
Eazypeazy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 02:15:02 PM »

Hi, i had the same problem.  It turns out this happens when mod_sec is on and one of the rules is triggered.  I spoke to my hosting company, (hostgator same as you) and they were very helpful: turned it off and everything works just fine now.  If you need them to keep mod_sec on but look at the rules im sure they would gladly help.  Hope this helps.

Cheers Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: