Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 10:00:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: File transfer through HCL  (Read 7257 times)
theodren
Not too much to say...

« on: June 30, 2007, 06:14:17 AM »

Hello there, i'm just wondering if there's something i'm doing wrong with the file transfer feature of hcl. It seems to stop downloading at 48k, regardless of the file size Huh I have checked my global php.ini settings and they are fine. the "max file size: information on the chat window is correct as well "10 megs"
Also, as a slightly seperate issue, is there a way to enable a "send file" feature from the side of the user rather than having to request a file as the operator?
Thanks heaps, the few posts i've made in the past have been answered in a prompt and helpful manner. Just thought i'd throw that in there LOL
belite
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 11:15:34 AM »

### Additional Installation Requirements ###
  If you are planning to use HCL's built in file transfer feature, you will need
  to make sure LimitRequestBody is set to a number higer than the value of upload_max_filesize and
  post_max_size in your php.ini
  If you do not do this, file transfers over the size of LimitRequestBody will not work,
  even if php.ini's setting is higher than LimitRequestBody.

You will only need to make these changes if you have not uploaded the .htaccess files located
  in the root hcl directory, or your server does not allow the variables to be overwritten locally

- Example:
  php.ini upload_max_filesize = 2M
  php.ini post_max_size = 2M
  LimitRequestBody = 49152

This will only allow file transfers of up to 48 kilobytes in size, even the php.ini setting says
  its 2 megabytes. If you cannot find the LimitRequestBody setting in your httpd.conf file or php.conf
  if using Apache 2, your maximum post size will be restricted to Apache's default value, so you will need
  to create it.

You changed the values for upload_max_filesize and post_max_size to 10M? What about the LimitRequestBody? Should be 10485760 then.

- Ben
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 11:25:49 AM »

The biggest reason that the user can not initiate a transfer is for security.  We don't want users pushing files which could compromise the system.  It's something we can look at, but security needs to be a priority as with any web based app (even with WinApp, it's still a web based system).

how may I help you today?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 12:13:55 PM »

One clarification, there no longer is a .htaccess file.  Too many setups (particularly on windows and shared hosting platforms) have issues with .htaccess files.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they keep anything from working.  Best bet is to check with the ISP on this one, I can post an example, but it's use at your own risk.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 12:20:48 PM by belite » Logged

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »

Here is the .htaccess file that (should) work:

Code:
LimitRequestBody 1024000

theprophetx
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 09:43:56 PM »

Sorry to bring up this old topic but i'm just not getting it. Everythingin my HCL works perfect... BUT...
my file transfers are only 48k, just like the other user mentioned in the beginning of this post and i cant find a php.ini file anywhere to make the changes in???

Is this a file i have to create myself and upload to my server or am i missing the file?
if it is a file i have to create and upload can you guys tell me what should be in it or create a example file for me and where do i load it to?

thanks!

Prophet
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 03:22:58 AM »

Prophet, if you have access to the server error log, can you quick check there for anything PHP related to the site?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: