Help Center Live Community
July 12, 2014, 07:49:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Firefox 3.0.6 killed this!  (Read 60334 times)
OOPMan
Not too much to say...

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 11:00:59 AM »

I've been testing this fix on Firefox 3. 0. 6 on both Windows XP and Mandriva Linix 2009. 0 and it does not seem to work.  I have cleared my caches and double-checked the changes but to no avail.  I've also used FireBug to inspect the Live object and verify tht is in fact using fallback mode.

What I'm finding is that none of the pages which need to automatically refresh themselves do not work.  If I log in as an Admin user in Firefox, the Monitor window does not auto-update.  However, by forcng the frame to reload I can view new chat requests, etc.  Similarly, when in a chat window I can reload the chat text frame to view new messages.

However, as Visit in Firefox the Initiating chat window does not function when reloaded in this fashion and hence I can not pursue any chats.
toolcrazy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2009, 03:25:32 AM »

Quote from: noise link=topic=855.    msg3743#msg3743 date=1235398068
I have replaced
Code:
this.fallback = false;
to
Code:
if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {
    this.fallback = false;
} else {
        this.fallback = true;
}

In the class/js/aardvark. php to fix firefox issue and keep default setting for IE.      Also, now helpcenterlive works fine in Opera browser too.    

This option works fine in IE 7 and FireFox 3. 0. 7.  Thanks. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 03:28:20 AM by toolcrazy » Logged
kdebs
Not too much to say...

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 06:32:24 PM »

Am I missing something in this?  Where in class/js/aardvark.  php am I supposed to find the this. fallback = false; to replace.   I found it in the class/js/normal/aardvark.  php file. . .
kdebs
Not too much to say...

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 06:38:34 PM »

Never mind.   I knew as soon as I asked I'd figure that out.

Now firefox loads the chat, but won't send or receive messages.   Nor will it load the back end. . .
usvi4me
Not too much to say...

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2009, 01:52:42 PM »

I have tried everything to make this work.

Can someone please give more detailed instructions on how to fix this.

Line number of the instances that need to be changes would be good.

hcl/class/js/aardvark. php

Is the suggested change on line 28 or line 29 or both  Huh

hcl/class/js/normal/aardvark. php

Is the change
change line 49, line 105 or both, 

from this. fallback = false; to this fallback = true;

Any help is greatly appreciated
Specializedheli
Not too much to say...

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 10:16:18 PM »

You need to change out the code in the first instance in each file. 
1.  from class/js/normal/aardvark. php

Change the Boolean below to look like this:
// Boolean whether to use the fallback method instead of XMLHttpRequest
        if (navigator. appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {this. fallback = false;} else {this. fallback = true;}

from class/js/aardvark. php

place this code into the first section that has the   this. fallback = false     
it should look as the others have stated and as i have below.

if (navigator. appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {this. fallback = false;} else {this. fallback = true;};

Here is the section as i have it coded on my server- for reference in finding it:

function Aardvark(object) { this. object = object; this. xmlhttp = new XMLHttpRequest(); this. mac = navigator. platform. indexOf('Mac'); this. msie = navigator. userAgent. indexOf("MSIE"); this. image = new Image(); if (navigator. appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {this. fallback = false;} else {this. fallback = true;}; this. url = ''; this. variables = new Array(); this. vars = new Array(); this. connect_host = ''; this. install_host = ''; this. initiated = false; this. url_built = false; this. response = ''; this. gc = 'reset'; this. validateurl = function()
{ this. connect_host = this. url; this. install_host = document. location. toString(); this. connect_host = this. connect_host. replace(/(. *?)\/\/(. *?)\/(. *)/i, "$1//$2"); this. install_host = this. install_host. replace(/(. *?)\/\/(. *?)\/(. *)/i, "$1//$2"); this. connect_host = this. connect_host. replace(/(. *?)\/\/(. *?)/i, "$2"); this. install_host = this. install_host. replace(/(. *?)\/\/(. *?)/i, "$2"); if (this. connect_host !== this. install_host) { this. fallback = true;}

This worked for me on Google chrome, firefox and IE- I'm still trying to get it to work on the Mac.  -If anyone figures that out please post.

naseem
Not too much to say...

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009, 09:24:56 PM »

I have done above changes but
It is not working for me in ff3. .

as OOPMan mentioned in top reply

What I'm finding is that none of the pages which need to automatically refresh themselves do not work.   If I log in as an Admin user in Firefox, the Monitor window does not auto-update.   However, by forcng the frame to reload I can view new chat requests, etc.   Similarly, when in a chat window I can reload the chat text frame to view new messages.

However, as Visit in Firefox the Initiating chat window does not function when reloaded in this fashion and hence I can not pursue any chats.

Please help us

strube01
Not too much to say...

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 01:58:16 AM »

There are many aardvark. php. 
1. - class
2. - class\js
3. - class\js\normal

In which one of those we have to change the 'boolean value'  (false -> true)?
dsampaio
Not too much to say...

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 09:42:55 PM »

SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 01:20:11 AM »

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
MisterP
Not too much to say...

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2009, 06:45:23 PM »

As some already mentioned, every page that needs auto-refresh does not work.  Has anyone come up with a fix for this part?

My environment:

Windows Vista
Firefox 3. 0. 11
Internet Explorer 7

I made the mentioned fix on both files
The problem only occurs on Firefox, IE works just fine
Rayezra
Not too much to say...

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »

Open Source is great and thanks to all the people who work on it.  However you need to assess how important is your time in figuring out and configuring all of this when you can just pay for chat that works great and does not need any time spent digging thru files and configurations.
I used to use help center live but it became hours of configuring and lost client chats, as a professional I opted for provide support . com.  It works great.  And for only $60.

I kept checking back here to see when the "new" that is old now, version was to come out.

Ok just wanted to help those struggling day after day to get this working
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2009, 11:28:02 PM »

I agree to some extent. It is not always worth the time that it takes to get it working, and in this case, I feel that there are too many bugs and it would be better to just pay for an alternative, or build a basic system of your own like I did. On the bright side though, I have been informed that v3 will be under heavy development and tweaking in the next few months and should be out soon

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
Ast Derek
Not too much to say...

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 04:30:47 AM »

I've been trying to hunt down this bug, and found this:

Firefox stops working, even with the true/false edit because is unable to find the Set-Cookie headers from the XMLHttpRequest (if used) or the Image() class [Yes, Firefox 3. 0. 11 supports XMLHttpRequest].  Running a custom AJAX request, then checking for some cookies, the right values are found inside document. cookie instead of xmlhttp. getRequestHeader() (as HCL tries to find it).

There's a part of the code inside class/js/aardvark. php (JavaScript file) where the cookie values are retrieved, and processed.  The headers variable must be set to continue, but since Firefox does not read any cookie vars, headers is undefined, generates an error, and rest of JavaScript stops working for that page.

Tested an addition to the file, checking if the headers variable was empty, try to retrieve the cookies from document. cookie but this approach failed as opposed to the independent AJAX test.

Last try was to include a custom header inside the returning page (request. php if I remember well) with same values as the cookies sent to the HCL script, then changing class/js/aardvark. php to read Custom-header instead of Set-Cookie, and it worked fine [code to be included later, it's in a different computer].

The tests were run on a Laptop, Windows Vista, Firefox 3. 0. 11, Internet Explorer 7.  Obviously IE worked fine, as the operator.
inthysite
Not too much to say...

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2009, 01:32:15 AM »

Quote from: Ast Derek link=topic=855. msg4295#msg4295 date=1247801447
I've been trying to hunt down this bug, and found this:

Firefox stops working, even with the true/false edit because is unable to find the Set-Cookie headers from the XMLHttpRequest (if used) or the Image() class [Yes, Firefox 3.  0.  11 supports XMLHttpRequest].   Running a custom AJAX request, then checking for some cookies, the right values are found inside document.  cookie instead of xmlhttp.  getRequestHeader() (as HCL tries to find it). 

There's a part of the code inside class/js/aardvark.  php (JavaScript file) where the cookie values are retrieved, and processed.   The headers variable must be set to continue, but since Firefox does not read any cookie vars, headers is undefined, generates an error, and rest of JavaScript stops working for that page. 

Tested an addition to the file, checking if the headers variable was empty, try to retrieve the cookies from document.  cookie but this approach failed as opposed to the independent AJAX test. 

Last try was to include a custom header inside the returning page (request.  php if I remember well) with same values as the cookies sent to the HCL script, then changing class/js/aardvark.  php to read Custom-header instead of Set-Cookie, and it worked fine [code to be included later, it's in a different computer]. 

The tests were run on a Laptop, Windows Vista, Firefox 3.  0.  11, Internet Explorer 7.   Obviously IE worked fine, as the operator. 

Any further word on this fix?  I would love to use this program but currently it's useless if it doesn't support FF.

Thanks in advance;
Allen.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: