Help Center Live Community
July 23, 2014, 12:39:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Firefox 3.08 problem  (Read 6297 times)
DaK
Not too much to say...

« on: March 31, 2009, 03:07:06 PM »

Seems that Firefox 3. 08 won't load HCL, the page just hangs.  Works fine in IE 7 and 6.

By won't load I mean. . . I have a link to open a chat request on every page of my site.  The page will load until it gets to the graphic for the HCL chat and then the page just hangs and won't finish loading.  Removing the link to HCL allows the page to load completely as usual. . .

Any insights?

Thanks,

DaK
jsalis
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 05:23:45 PM »

This has been an issue since Fire Fox version 3. 0. 6.  I suspect we will not see a fix until HCL version 3.
DaK
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 04:29:49 PM »

Just an update. 

All seems well today.  Must have just been our server or something but it's strange that once I removed the HCL link everything loaded fine. . .

DaK
kdebs
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »

Can anyone get firefox to load the back end?  The only way I've been able to get HCL to work on my server is using IE7 in both the front and back. . .
DaK
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:20:20 PM »

Yes, it works fine except for sound for me.  I end up opening it in IE because the sound works on IE but everything else worked fine in Firefox both front and back end.

There is some code on this board for modifying HCL for Firefox, seems to work very well.  In my case at least. . .

DaK
DaK
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 03:32:47 PM »

Well, after a bit more digging. . . .

Our dedicated server has really been "slugging" lately so I finally called the support people to see if they could figure out what was going on. 

Now I'm no server guru but they told me that there was a lot of activity with open connections on the web process (?) and it was probably due to a script (not a hacking script) running on my server.  I questioned them about the chat software and told them it was a php script.  They said it was a good chance that it was this.

So I disabled HCL on my site, rebooted the server and guess what, everything "seems" to be fine again.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Anyone experience something similar? I LOVE the chat software but this is a deal breaker for me (not that there is a deal here but you know what I mean, lol).

Thanks,

DaK
daemonkin
Not too much to say...

Yippe Ky Yay MoFo

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 09:44:32 AM »

This is what i am worried about.  I have HCL on a dev site with a HCL button on another dev site.  They are working fine locally but I don't know what will happen when I put it on my working server.

I am also unable to get HCL to communicate in FF 3. 0. 10.

Tried the:
Code:
if (navigator. appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {
    this. fallback = false;
} else {
        this. fallback = true;
}

but no help

D.

If Avian Flu and Swine Flu combine we will have Flying Pig Flu - Doom and Gloom!
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 06:41:19 PM »

daemonkin: Please do not hijack threads, this is an issue that is (mostly) unrelated to your issue if I understand you correctly, and you already have multiple threads (and PMs) regarding your issue.

Admins/Mods: If I am overstepping the boundaries, please let me know.  But I am just trying to help clean this place up and assist the community, so I gotta say something Wink

The code posted on this board should fix the issues in all browsers on Windows and Linux for both operator and client, which fixes one of your problems (@DaK & @kdebs), however the issue of it causing massive thread usage is another issue.  I haven't delved into the code too much, but it sounds like one php script is either calling another, which calls another, etc. . .  or javascript is making too many calls when you try and connect/go online.

Now, you say it stops loading when it gets to that graphic, which leads me to expect that the button format you are using is bombing your server with threads.   What code are you using for the button?

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: