Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 07:40:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics people...  (Read 13250 times)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« on: June 15, 2007, 11:34:44 AM »

Ok, it's time for a little confession.  I'm fairly good at coding, I can handle layout.  I'm utterly hopeless when it comes to graphics... Sad  Many of you may have noticed on the forum index pages the little sea-saw machine logo to indicate new messages or no new messages (square logo before each forum name..)  I'd really like to replace that with something a little more Help Center Liveish.  If anyone can come up with 4 little buttons (On, off, and then the legend graphics that appear at the end of the listing) I would be eternally grateful. 

Graphics used to be handled by my wife, however she ran off after one programming session too many (just kidding, I just drove her nuts!) and I'm now graphics impaired again. Smiley

Just so you know how bad it really is, see the last on-line button I used for a department:

While he's a cute little guy, he's not the most artistic, not to mention he took about 4 hours to build...

how may I help you today?
hightekhosting
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 02:51:45 PM »

Are you also after new graphics for the "Live Help Online/Offline" for the departments?

Hightek Hosting
Ph: +61259082370   Fax: +61269314226
Web: http://www.hightekhosting.com   Email: sales@hightekhosting.com
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »

Hmm, good point.  Maybe I should put up a D/L area for icons.  People who wish to share may.  BTW graphic designers, this is one way to make a little jingle in the Open Source world.  Put out some samples, and then charge a small fee for their use.  I don't mind spending a couple bucks (or 20 or whatever) for some graphics.  Others may be the same way.

hightekhosting
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 04:41:09 PM »

I am presuming your talking USD not AUD?

We may be able to assist you with some nice graphic designs for new "Online/Offline" logos if you are interested for a small fee?

Your choice Smiley

Hightek Hosting
Ph: +61259082370   Fax: +61269314226
Web: http://www.hightekhosting.com   Email: sales@hightekhosting.com
dclune
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 04:33:08 PM »

Hi there,

I have made this look Help Center Live...ey  Smiley
A soft, clean and professional theme packed with extra features.

You need to install the Staff Page Mod from vbgamer45 in order for the staff link at the bottom of the theme to work. Its a great module and would suit Help Center Live's Community Forum well.

Anyway, you can view an example here: http://yourhostingpro.org.nz/forum

In the process of doing the tinyportal version to make your site flow if you choose this theme for 'our' community forums.
If you wish to install this, download the theme here: http://yourhostingpro.org.nz/Help_Center_Live.zip and then upload it using the theme tool inside the Administration section of your forum.
Hope you enjoy...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Different Post, Inside of a Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I have also designed these for online/offline images.

If you like them, please feel free to use them... I designed them for me and do use them, but, the internet is big enough for the both of us Tongue
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 05:18:07 PM by dclune » Logged
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »

Ok, those are just too kewl!

dclune
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 06:04:34 PM »

Did you check out the forum theme as well?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 06:59:53 PM »

Not yet, we dropped TP since we upgraded to 1.1.3, and TP bailed on us, plus it didn't have the features I wanted/needed.  I'll try to make some time later today to take a look.

dclune
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 12:07:55 AM »

Thats cool...

I have not done the theme for Tiny Portal yet anyway... but the theme I spoke of two posts ago or so is for the forum.

The icons and logos and look has all been designed for Help Center Live
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 01:42:58 AM »

And that is one of the best ways to get black listed from any web site (and nominated for spam cop to boot!)  Thanks...

Aldun
Not too much to say...

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 08:10:52 AM »

Well I actually just downloaded and installed HCL and stumbled upon your problem here. I actually am a graphic designer so if you would like some work done I usually work for free but willingly take donations.

If you want to check out some of my work you can check out my website: http://www.phrozenstudios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: