Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 05:32:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HCL 2.1.5 Release - Security upgrade  (Read 26104 times)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« on: August 27, 2007, 07:28:25 PM »

Ok, now that I can use SVN again, here is the latest release of HCL.  I'm including the customary changelog, however it's important to note that this is a security release and contains a fix for a potential security flaw in at least versions 2.x.

Code:
### Version 2.1.5 - August ,20007 ###
  - Fixed problem with transcript deletion
  - Fixed major Security escalation issue
  - Minor updates to auth.php to fix small errors
  - More work on the transcript issue

The new zip is located at http://sourceforge.net/projects/helpcenterlive and is available for download now.

how may I help you today?
riche_angelus
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 05:49:14 AM »

can i knw wat's the upgrade instructions from 2.1.4 to 2.1.5?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »

It's very simple, if you have an existing installation, unzip the archive, remove config.php and the setup directory, and upload over the existing files.  There are no DB changes in the past few versions, additionally the only config option added was for demo mode, something most people won't need, and the system works without the directive installed, thus no changes to config.php.  Do double check after uploading that your compile, cache, and icon directories did not get their permissions changed during the upload, they should be write permissions under Windows and 0777 under Unix/Linux/MacOSX

This is one of the things that will be eliminated with 3.0.0, it will handle the upgrade itself, and is able to analyze if the files of HCL have been modified and thus not upgrade those files even in automatic mode (although the admin can force the upgrade.)  Thus if you wish to have the current stable HCL with 3.0.0, you turn on automatic updates and let the system take care of itself.

ChrisR
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 02:31:25 AM »

Oh it is good to see help center live is back and devand working on it again (do not know if its new staff or not) but good job and keep it up.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 05:46:33 AM »

Thanks for the kind note.  New devels, however we're making progress and keeping the "dream" alive. Smiley

victor
HCL Member

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 06:06:25 PM »

it would be great if this update is available on the Fantastico Section of our Hosting CPanel's...

I know it's not your job but, do you know any place where I can see if there are plans to update the HCL installation files on Fantastico section?

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 06:14:48 PM »

Frankly, even when I had servers with Cpanel on it, I never used Fantastico, they have a horrible reputation for not keeping the scripts up to date, something I doubt will improve with the number of scripts offered by it.  Check with your upstream vendor for how to contact them, lord knows I've tried.

In the future 3.0 will handle the updates itself, which will cause us to get rid of SourceForge as the distribution point, as you will not need to download the whole thing to update.  However that is a minimum of 6 months away, and if paid work doesn't slow down for me, it may be a year.

Biscuit
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 12:42:39 PM »

Frankly, even when I had servers with Cpanel on it, I never used Fantastico, they have a horrible reputation for not keeping the scripts up to date, something I doubt will improve with the number of scripts offered by it.  Check with your upstream vendor for how to contact them, lord knows I've tried.

It couldn't be much easier to contact Fantastico, or to alert them to a script update. You just post here:
http://www.netenberg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1413.0, on their support forums, under the link "Please post script updates here." They already have HCL 2.1.5 on the list for the next update.
Biscuit
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 12:43:35 PM »

it would be great if this update is available on the Fantastico Section of our Hosting CPanel's...

I know it's not your job but, do you know any place where I can see if there are plans to update the HCL installation files on Fantastico section?

They have it already. It will be out in the next release.
http://www.netenberg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1413.0
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »

I'm glad they have updated it.  I'm not trying to knock their product, it's simply an issue of how many scripts and the time involved with updating them.  They probably will love the next major version, since it will be self updating. Smiley

David
Not too much to say...

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 05:18:23 AM »

Hi I just installed 2.1.5 on 2-12-08 with the file on sourceforge was the update already included in the latest download? And second any estamate when version 3.0.0 will be released? Would love to be one of your beta testers if needed.

Post your articles for redistribution or get free content for your site or newsletters www.freearticlepublishing.com
dasdasnaja
Not too much to say...

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »

Best regards.

Holiday Palace | Gclub | คาสิโนสะหวันเวกัส
Arteferretto
Not too much to say...

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 10:00:53 AM »

There isn't a planned new release, adapted to php 5. 3 ??

Trova il tuo Mobile porta tv: mobili tanti modelli in stile dall'artigiano.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: