Help Center Live Community
July 24, 2014, 02:36:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HCL 3.0.0 Started  (Read 75077 times)
Jordan
Not too much to say...

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 06:08:44 PM »

I'm not going to file this as a feature request because I don't really think of it as a major "feature". On Kayako's menus on the admin panel, there's some nice colorful AJAX in the menus which makes the UI really nice and easy to use. Perhaps we could do something similar? If you don't know what I mean, then go onto their website and set up a demo.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 09:14:33 PM »

Actually, that's purely in the theme, so it can be done on 2.x or 3.x versions.  Just depends on someone wanting to build it that way.

how may I help you today?
ChrisR
Not too much to say...

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 01:06:47 AM »

I've been giving that a bit of thought lately.  With the mass of new features, I think it's important to separate not into two admin panels, but three.  Operators functions, Manager Functions (or super-operators, or supervisors, or .... ), and admin functions.  Really, admin should only be about setting up the system, not managing transcripts, operators, etc.  That's a management function.  I'd also like to introduce a security "level" system where functions have a definable security level, this would get rid of some hacks (the operator delete for instance) as well as make things a little tighter. 

This type of thing is part of what's holding certain areas up in 3.0.0 right now.  We need to get a better view of the destination of 3.0.0 so we can build a realistic roadmap.

BTW, if you visit our Eventum tracking system, anyone can submit bug reports and feature requests to the system for the devels to work on.
okay well

1) i think it would be good to have the 3 panels.
2) Eventum tracking system okay is it then same as our forum login and can we still post bug in the SF.net proejct page of helpcenterlive?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 02:22:36 AM »

Eventum is separate since some people have separate 2.1.x accounts and 3.0.0 accounts.  Your free to use the same info as the portal/forum site.

As for SourceForge, at this point, it's mainly being used for the distribution of releases, and even that might end soon.  SF is a great resource, however their trackers are nearly worthless and tend to end up spam ridden.  The best place to put feature requests and bugs is in Eventum.  Something that will be easier once we get the mail integration setup for it.

AMateos
Not too much to say...

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 12:29:26 AM »

Hi,
I think a good feature can be ask the client for his e-mail and not just his name, because it can be good to contact him later asking about his decision or with new promos.

Regards!

Sotem.es - Spanish hosting with MSN Support
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 12:49:18 AM »

I agree, and it will be configurable if you get name or email, or both.

ChrisR
Not too much to say...

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 06:12:14 AM »

for 3.0 have you look at putting it in php5 like http://gophp5.org/
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 06:24:03 AM »

Not yet, the problem of course is that WAY too many hosting companies are still using 4.3 and 4.4 (or worse!) and these users wouldn't be able to upgrade.  The only other option is to put in a php4 compatibility library, in which case we would either have to add that on to development (lots of time) or use someone elses (lots of headaches).

That said, if it wasn't for this project, I wouldn't be even dealing with php4, in December 4.4 and all of the 4 series will be end of lifed.  I've noticed that most of the Linux distributions are starting to at least have optional 5.x versions. Really the big thing I would like to make use of is the better class routines and the tighter structure of 5.  Personally I'd rather have 6, but since we have to wait a bit on that (the general concencous is that they are EOLing 4.x to bring 6.x out), I'll have to be patient.

4GoodSolutions
Not too much to say...

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 11:44:17 PM »

People,

Those days it is important to have multilingual ability. If site have 4 languages, it would be good to localize chat experience.

The way around is to use English control text on buttons and description. This works OK for similar languages. But when it comes to non-similar languages, then we have a problem.

Can this be done somehow nor or do we need to wait for future versions?

Thank you for your time.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 02:20:03 AM »

Currently the visitor can not change the language, however in 3.0 it will be trivial to add such support.

4GoodSolutions
Not too much to say...

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 09:40:40 AM »

Thank you for your answer.

If I understood correct, it WILL be possible from 3.0, right?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2007, 09:50:14 AM »

To the point of prompt and such, yes, however the operator would still need to know the language.  It may be possible to build a translation system, however such a system would be slow, and well, look at google translate, technically it is correct but it leaves things rather stilted.

4GoodSolutions
Not too much to say...

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2007, 10:19:14 AM »

I understand. I don't need a 'live' translation service. Rather just to display commands and options in local language.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »

Yes this will be possible.  The entire Language system is going to be redone to make it easier to edit, and also to provide "fall through" so that something isn't translated, it doesn't kill the system (right now the system will get fatal errors if a lang file isn't up to date).

4GoodSolutions
Not too much to say...

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 04:00:17 PM »

Very good news :-) Do you maybe have some estimation on when we can see this v3.0 live?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: