Help Center Live Community
April 20, 2014, 04:11:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HCL suddenly stopped working  (Read 4288 times)
sackling
Not too much to say...

« on: May 11, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »

Hello,

I have been using HCL for over a year.  The only problem I ever had was when an update to firefox came out and it required a fix.  however its been working since then.

Now however it just stopped working in all browsers.  the icon will not switch to online on my site. 

in the monitor everything looks normal it shows me as online and appears as if everything is fine, however I don't see any users on the site and the icon shows offline. .

Anyone have an idea of what happened? nothing was changed on my site at all. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 06:32:45 PM »

What operating system are you using? And are you testing both the operator side AND the client side in all browsers? Do you know when it stopped working? And have you tried it on other computers?

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
sackling
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 07:02:05 PM »

I tried it in all browsers: firefox, chrome, IE and safari.  both client and operator sides.

I tried it on different computers on different networks, same results.  different operating systems as well.

It's not like the operators arent assigned to the right department either since its been working for so long.

The operator side seems to be working like normal, I wouldn't be able to tell it was not working other then the face that I do not see any customers, there are no warnings and it seems to be online

The client side just displays as offline and if it is clicked is brought to the submit question email form. 
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:18:34 AM »

Check in the console of each browser. In safari you may have to enable the developer menu (under the advanced settings pane if I remember correctly), not sure about chrome, IE sucks at debugging, so don't bother there, and in firefox, install the firebug addon

See if that gives you any errors, as it may be that something in the javascript has died and the operator is no longer being connected, despite what it may tell you.

Your other option is to try reinstalling HCL (you can keep your database settings most likely, just back them up first) as that may fix a bugged file.

Or, if this is hosted somewhere, look for the debug file on the forums and post a link to it and someone (probably me, seeing as the administrators are busy) can take a look at it (and admin access might help too Tongue ). Just PM any confidential information (like admin accounts if you decide to go that route).

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
sackling
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 02:01:52 PM »

After 3 days of it not working I was ready to take your advice and go for a reinstall.  I tried it one last time even though I had already tried it that day to no success, and magically it is working.

I changed nothing so the only thing I could think of is maybe something changed on my server?

Anyways thank you very much for your help I have a feeling I may be back for more one day.
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 03:42:24 PM »

That is wonderful to hear. Hopefully it continues to work for a while for you!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: