Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 11:00:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hcl ticket  (Read 10343 times)
tmaleshafske
Not too much to say...

« on: July 04, 2008, 05:30:43 PM »

Just a question.
Where is the ticket system.   When you look at the screen shots you see the ticket system, but it isn't included in the download.   Am I missing something or is it still in development
mss71ny
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 03:27:21 AM »

Ditto here - Within Fantastico this is described as "Very powerful all-in-one help center including Live Help, Support Tickets and FAQ". . .  however (granted I am a newbie and just installed it a couple of hours ago) I am unable to find anything on support tickets.  Huh

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
marcoshac
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »

Hi,

I was about to send the same kind of post.

I also installed via Fantastico. 

When I log in in the admin area, I cannot see anybutton or link where I should be able to list and check opened tickets, as well as it is not possible to answer them.

There is no area for FAQ, Knowledge Base or whatsoever. . .

Please correct me if I am wrong, but, does HCL needs another module to be installed with it, so it can answer tickets??

Thanks.
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 06:32:52 PM »

Hi

Just wondered if you guys got any answers to this?  I asked a question a little while ago re: Fantastico and haven't had any replies, so wondered how you'd got on . . .

Huh

Opposites are not contradictory but complimentary - Neils Bohr
marcoshac
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:10:50 PM »

Hi,

no answers so far. . . .  no clue how this work. . . .
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 01:52:10 PM »

Thanks for replying.   I haven't actually even tried to use it yet!!!  My concern now is that there doesn't seem to be much support available.   My experience is that without support it takes an age to get into the mindsets of those that design the software and even then it's no guarantee that they'll do what they say or what you want :(   Have you tried any other systems or is this your first?

BYTEmySITE
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 07:13:16 AM »

Aloha,

Just found your post.   

The auhtor also owns a help desk, which was supported for a time.   But the current version is not intened to support a help desk, while the author prepares for his ver 3. 0 release.   He has indicated that he plans to work on the Help Desk portion again in the future.   But for now, you should understand, this is the VERY BEST LIVE SUPPORT system available.

If your looking for HELP DESK, with Live Chat.   There is not a perfect solution at this time from our reviews of many packages.   Unless, you want a paid system.   Then there are some good choices, but frankly your talking expensive to use, and time consuming to setup.   

As we recently moved from using a Live Chat known as "Crafty Syntax" to HCL, we can assure you, this is superior product for it's purpose.   Which is, LIVE CHAT and FOOTSTEPS so you can follow your visitors movements.   It have push HTML, canned messages, transcripts, and more.   But,  a HELP DESK is something different altogether.

At the present time, you would be wise to use this product, HCL, in combination with your choice of HELP DESK.   Thus giving you the best LIVE CHAT with your best choice of HELP DESK.

We wanted a HELP DESK with WIZARDS so we can build fool proof troubleshooting for solving problems.   So, our requirement, eliminated many possible products.   Few have WIZARDS.   In any event, we have taken this product for LIVE CHAT and merged with another HELP DESK and have a very nice working system.   Thanks to the world of GNU software, anyone can do this too.   With a little effort, or some help.

See a sample of our merge at:  hxxp: BYTEmySITE. org/HelpDesk

If you wish, we can help you get there.   But, this LIVE CHAT system is the best for cross brower support, and features.   So you have found a big part of the Customer Support equation.   Now, you can choose from many Help Desk solutions for handling tickets, FAQ, etc.   

Have a great day.

AR
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 10:52:20 AM »

Thanks for ther reply AR and Aloha!  :)  I've had a quick look at your site too, it loaded lightning fast and looks sharp!!  Some feedback on my experience of it with FF3:-  I generally have javascript set off so there was no icon next to Sales,Support,Billing at first.   When I enabled javascript there was still no link on the HelpTickets text.   You promote your 24/7/365 but also say it's only 9-12 noon and not on some holidays  Huh  Then when I clicked on the icon it said no-one was available . . .  Might it be an idea to leave off the 24/7/365 note for now?  IMHO it's generally better to meet or exceed lower expectations than to fail to meet and fall below higher ones, even if the actual service level being provided is identical in both cases.   Just an idea FWIW.

Viz HCL, it's good to know it is a good product, thanks for the feedback and for the info on why there's no-one about on these pages much!  Do you know anything about Fantastico installation? 

Also, can you give any indication of how robust the product is in your experience?  It would form the basis of my system and so I need to have something dependable, especially as there is not a huge base of people supporting the rpoduct here  :(

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, and good luck with your site  :)

BYTEmySITE
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 01:18:26 AM »

Aloha and thanks for the feedback.

You kind of caught us with our pants down so to speak,  Since wea re not LIVE with our services for another 7-10 days.  And we had a lot of staff out the last 48hrs.

But, the truth is, we have a lot of staff ready for launch when we decide we are ready, so i apologize for the delay in response.  But, test us again after our grand Opening.  You will be surprised how often we are live.

The JAVASCRIPT On/Off issue, that is very, very helpful.  Had not realized that would be an issue.  But we will fix that this week. 

As for your question on Fantastico, is where we started installing many things like HCL, mambo, etc.  So yes, you have a question about it?  My first comment would be, it is not trustworthy.  I say this, mostly because they seem to update 6-12 months behind HotFixes, patches, and upgrades.  Which is a problem.  If they correct this, we will be much more impressed with Fantastico.  Best recommendation, check the link to the official site in Fantastico, for each product.  If the versions match, cool, your good to go, with fast reliable install.  If not, you may save time installing the latest version, or you may want to do Fantastico install then upgrade immediately.  Depends on the software. 

We decide by how easy install is, some install smooth as butter, others, is faster to install with Fantastico then upgrade, to avoid config issues, etc.

You asked..."Also, can you give any indication of how robust the product is in your experience?  It would form the basis of my system and so I need to have something dependable"

I say, this is the best we have tested, and we tested many since the 1990's.  The last we settled on was CRAFTY SYNTAX, and we dropped that for HCL, because many things are better here.

The Help Desk, came with CHAT installed, we took it out and replaced with HCL, because it is much more ROBUT and DEPENDABLE across browsers.

So, as you say...IMHO, this is a solid basis, to manage a business Live Help System.

Again, a please and thanks for your input...

AR

Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 08:01:53 AM »

I am really very happy indeed to have been helpful!  :))   But re your comment "You will be surprised how often we are live. "  I really think you need to think about this please?  "I" shouldn't be surprised by it at all becasuse you state 100%.   If you fail to meet that 100% i. e only manage 99. 999% and someone comes and hits the 0. 001%, then "DOUBT" comes, and the doubt will be about everything you saying not just that tiny thing.

Anyway, thanks for the further advice re Fantastico.   I'll check your suggestions.   I'm not a techie though so that's why I was asking about support for HCL installation etc on this site.   I'm not dumb in terms of IT but fiddling with. htaccess files and config. sys files is something I worry about doing :(  If there's no support on this site where is there support?!  There's a heap of people posting here with really basic problems and getting no answers :(((  But good to know that despite this, it's the best of the bunch.   Crafty syntax was offered by Fantastico so I briefly looked at that too but the Flash entry page and the whole branding just seemed like cack to me so I moved on!  Who knows, maybe the postings here are by the competition trying to make HCL look bad.   If so then they're making a good job of it!  :( 

All the very best to you guys for your launch, and beyond, and thanks for your reply

Robin

BYTEmySITE
Not too much to say...

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 08:12:05 PM »

I am really very happy indeed to have been helpful!  Smiley)   But re your comment "You will be surprised how often we are live. "  I really think you need to think about this please?  "I" shouldn't be surprised by it at all becasuse you state 100%.   If you fail to meet that 100% i. e only manage 99. 999% and someone comes and hits the 0. 001%, then "DOUBT" comes, and the doubt will be about everything you saying not just that tiny thing.

Anyway, thanks for the further advice re Fantastico.   I'll check your suggestions.   I'm not a techie though so that's why I was asking about support for HCL installation etc on this site.   I'm not dumb in terms of IT but fiddling with. htaccess files and config. sys files is something I worry about doing Sad  If there's no support on this site where is there support?!  There's a heap of people posting here with really basic problems and getting no answers Sad((  But good to know that despite this, it's the best of the bunch.   Crafty syntax was offered by Fantastico so I briefly looked at that too but the Flash entry page and the whole branding just seemed like cack to me so I moved on!  Who knows, maybe the postings here are by the competition trying to make HCL look bad.   If so then they're making a good job of it!  Sad 

All the very best to you guys for your launch, and beyond, and thanks for your reply

Robin

Robin,

Thanks again for the followup,  though i think you misunderstood what we said, and your being a bit harsh since I stated were not 100% yet, and do not go live for a while yet.  But, hey, all comments are useful.

Based on your previous post, we changed our HelpDesk statement.  See if you approve now.  Again, keep in mind, we are not open for our services yet, so we have not put all our staff online yet.  Thus, I would really appreciate a little break, since you seem to feel we should be 100% before we even go live... and for FREE HELP, that costs $20-40 hr to give.

Again, I have taken your original post as good advice though.

Also, as for support on HCL, I think the fact that the software is FREE, and yet cost the author countless hours to produce.  Unless someone is paying for help, forums like this are the best many GNU programs offer.  We have used hundreds of GNU products, and never expected more, than to use the forums.  Because we know it is a labor of love to do any GNU.

As a programmer myself, I can tell you, that since I make very good money on my software.  I would need a lot of incentive to giveaway my work like this.  So again, I hope you understand, that unless you want to go pay a similar product, this is the best there is.  Yet, the author did not hold back features, or quality, where other do to sell a commercial version.

Again, we are going to keep trying to help, and if the author can get ver3.0 done, we hope to lure him to a bigger better well funded solution in the future.  But for now, he has already given a lot here, and most of his users are extremely happy with good reason.  I think you will be too.

Again, best wishes.

AR

P.S.  ...."Who knows, maybe the postings here are by the competition trying to make HCL look bad." I sure hope your NOT right about this, that would be a real shame.  Neither the author, or the product deserve that.
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 08:35:34 PM »

Noooooo  :(  You misunderstand me really.   I did not intend to be harsh.   It's just a language thing.   Really.   I was meaning WHEN you go live, not now.   I understand that you can't be 100% before you get the site finished.   But the quote I included were your words about AFTER you go live.   I haven't looked at your new wording and I was really only trying to help.   I am sorry if I have caused offence that was not my intent.

As for HCL, I agree, it is literally unbelievable that all this software is available for fre.   I am amazed.   I do not doubt that the author has done something incredible nor that he is producing a product that competes with very expensive solutions.   I recently discovered Inkscape which is also an incredible package.   I was speaking only as a user.    Even though it is incredible that people write these programs and give them away, in the end I still need to be able to use them or not.   If I can't then well then I can't.    That's all I am saying.   You are helping here, also for free.   I do what I can which is not a lot.   Sometimes my efforts are welcomed sometimes they are simply ignored or misunderstood.   I have seen LivePerson and found HCL and have been trying to see if I can use it to achieve my objectives.   That is all.   Please don't take offence.   It is not intended.   I am simply trying to understand.   And as for money, we are all in the same boat, trying to earn a living.   I don't know how the author of HCL does it.   I would really be fascinated to know.   I have already praised his efforts.   It was the very first thing I did when I came here.   Again my apologies - I'm gone :(

BYTEmySITE
Not too much to say...

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »

Aloha and no worries Talvenloppu,

Relax, no offense was taken...

Again, we appreciate all comments, and learn from them.

So, when you have a chance, see the changes made at our HELP DESK.

If you have better working, we are interested in your comments, naturally.

Again, we see no glitches with HCL so far.  It was easy to SKIN, easy install, and works on every OS and Browser we could test so far, we have most OS and browsers here for testing.  Does not leave much to ask for really.

Actually, we seriously considered several commercial products.  Declined them all.  One of the best we saw was:  http://crm.saeven.net  However, the company was never available for questions, and did not respond to our emailed questions, so we decided to build our own solution, using HCL ExoScripts phpdesk.  We had to hack the desk, to remove the CHAT and added this HCL system in it's place.

Unfortunately, the folks that wrote that desk are gone, no support, no email, nobody home.  Darn good thing it works, and we have our own programmers too.  Or we would have a lot of wasted hours.

Anyway, we stand our position,  Even the commercial products we tested, failed to meet standards that HCL exceeds, so you will not be disappoint if you choose to go with HCL.

Best wishes..

AR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: