Help Center Live Community
April 18, 2014, 12:36:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticket Support  (Read 7090 times)
willas00
Not too much to say...

« on: July 15, 2008, 08:29:59 PM »

I really love Help Centre Live.

Its great for helping clients via a Live Support system.

The only thing I dont like is the support system.

Is there a module out there that allows me to change the support system to tickets or a way of combining eticket, OsTicket or something?

Cheers
BYTEmySITE
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 09:34:57 PM »

Aloha,

Please search the forum for this topic.

the short answer is that the author is not currently supporting either.

However, that is not a problem.  There are many great Help Desks avilable.  Look for your choice to have MAIL PIPING and simply set the HCL software to email to the address or addresses you have PIPED into your choice of HELP DESK.

Bottomline, HCL is the best for what it does do.  LIVE CHAT and FOOTSTEPS...and much more.

But, it is not a HELP DESK. 

In the old old days, I tech once pointed out those new fangled mult-iuse machines were prone to problems because they tried to be too many things.  A copier, a scanner, a fax machine, and a printer all in one.  Today, we take for granted these things and seldom folks by componets sound equipment or computer related equipment today.

But, let me assure you that as programmers, and web business operators.  We have tested thousands of software.  This same point is not true for software.  In software, a solid module is just that SOLID.  If you want more features that are beyond the scope of that SOLID module.  You find another SOLID module to pair with it.

That's the beauty of GNU software.  We are all free to do this, we can wire together as many cool GNU modules as we like, to build powerful systems, with little or no cost.

You cna see an example of this with our Help Desk.  We took HCL and phpdesk and mad what we needed.  Very easy, did not have to touch the PHP, just play with the templates of both.  Take a look see here:

http://BYTEmySITE.org/HelpDesk

Anyway, you could use any good help desk with MAIL PIPING and have a great combination with a little work.

Hope this helps.

like I said, if you search the forum, there is discussion about both the HELP DESK solutions you mentioned too.

Have a great day,

AR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: