Help Center Live Community
July 23, 2014, 11:03:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Center Live v3 Beta - It's Complete  (Read 92192 times)
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »

Well for the most part the users NEVER know what they want. I do web development, and the clients normally need quite a bit of direction Tongue But technical users normally do Wink And it is good to hear that you also want to help. Not sure how many people HCL Admin is looking for to help, but add him on msn if you are truly interested in helping and working hard on it (its on his profile). Lets see if we can get this rolling!

I have svn access right now, so they are definitely open to working with the community if the community does more than create multiple topics a day with "issues" that others have experienced multiple times. If the community takes an active roll it ends up being quite different than if the community is nothing more than many selfish idiots who can't even use a search button.

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
abbasarif
Not too much to say...

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 04:55:07 AM »

I am a web developer and i am truly willing to help you with my experties.

Abbas
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 06:16:52 AM »

Well get in contact with HCL Admin then! Lets see if we can get the ball rolling

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
Parcye
Not too much to say...

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 10:45:13 AM »

I have just created a windows app for v2. 1. 7, will I need to change much to get it working with HCL v3?
TNL34
Not too much to say...

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2009, 05:36:36 AM »

WHEN WILL V3 BE DONE?
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 06:25:45 PM »

V3 will be done when all the impatient, illiterate imbeciles stop asking. It is mostly finished and in beta testing, as you can tell if you read any of the many posts, or even look above the actual forum!

scottjcampbell
Not too much to say...

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 10:58:46 PM »

Quote from: SpenserJ link=topic=775. msg4402#msg4402 date=1251221145
V3 will be done when all the impatient, illiterate imbeciles stop asking.  It is mostly finished and in beta testing, as you can tell if you read any of the many posts, or even look above the actual forum!
Words cant describe how pleased i am that someone has FINALLY said that lmao :P
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 12:29:07 AM »

Cheesy I have said it a few times in passing, but I am seriously fed up with all of the impatient jerks that come on here, demand to have v3 out, complain about how long it is taking, and then never show up again. There are a couple people that actually come on here and try to help out (and handle the illiterate people), but we are few and far between Sad To be honest, I am growing quite impatient with how long it is taking, but I have been helping out here for a few months now, so I at least have an excuse.

khim
Not too much to say...

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2009, 03:25:55 PM »

If people are interested in beta testing HLC 3, just wait.  It will come out in a few days.  I want to try HCL 3. 0 Beta but I'll wait.

I am a IT Professorial, I will try my best to help people on this forum
UkrDeveloper
Not too much to say...

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2009, 01:53:12 PM »

I personally liked Help Center Live and was waiting for v3.   I have been away from the software for quite a while, however, so I am getting re-familiar.   I posted my first post ( hxxp: www. helpcenterlive. com/smf/please_welcome_me_to_the_help_center_live_forums-t1100. 0. html ) on the forums, so go easy on me here, with my comments.

I must say that I am very disappointed to see that the software is going to be partly dependent on some of the needed functionality residing on HCL's servers.   I have several issues with this.

Number one, I am an open source guy.   I like to see all of the code myself, or I don't trust it.

Number two, I only use software that I install and personally maintain, on my own servers.   I am very wary of the idea of using software that needs to load something from another site in order to operate.   Something could be introduced that I don't agree with or that might compromise my own site.   Why would I put that much trust in a third party???

Third, how can HCL guarantee that their site/server will be up, literally 100% of the time???  Your software, by it's very nature, is used for potential customers or customer support.   If your site/server goes down, this will affect my customers' customers.

Fourth, as an open source guy, I like to strip out connections to other sites that I don't like.   I like the software that I put on my sites/servers to be truly separate.   I think this is what I would classify, an issue of privacy.   Why do you think you have a right to know that I am using your software on any given site/server of mine.   You don't have that right.   You are going totally against these principles, for me and for a whole lot of other people.

I say this will all kindness.   I am just trying to give you some solid arguments against the path you are on.   And if you do release v3 in the fashion that I have seen discussed here, I will NEVER EVER use your software or recommend it to anyone.   That's a promise!
UkrDeveloper
Not too much to say...

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2009, 08:20:15 PM »

About 2 hours ago, HelpCenterLive. com was down for about an hour.   This proves my point #3.   You cannot guarantee that your servers or sites will have 100% uptime and yet we all will be depending on your API being available.   You need to abandon this plan and just release the whole thing as true Open Source.

. . . The other day, I found a very nice alternative to Help Center Live, on SourceForge. net.   I was very happy to find this alternative, since HCL is going in the wrong direction and I do not approve, along with a whole lot of others that do not approve.   If HCL is going to stay competitive, it needs to be fully Open Source and fully residing on our own sites/servers.
BrianP
Not too much to say...

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2010, 08:26:26 PM »

I must say that I am very disappointed to see that the software is going to be partly dependent on some of the needed functionality residing on HCL's servers.

I appear to have missed a post somewhere.  Where did you see this?  I haven't seen anything about new features, requirements, etc.  I have spent quite some time getting HCL 2.1.7 working (see my other posts), so I would hate to move to another system.  But, if I do have to move, I would rather find out now, rather then when 3.0 comes out.....

- Brian
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2010, 10:48:25 PM »

Seems I just can't leave Tongue There was originally some talk that the backend of HCL would be hosted on an external server, and you would run the client interface on your end. Not sure if that is still the plan though.

UkrDeveloper
Not too much to say...

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »

Quote from: BrianP link=topic=775. msg4578#msg4578 date=1262633186
Quote from: UkrDeveloper link=topic=775. msg4550#msg4550 date=1258375992
I must say that I am very disappointed to see that the software is going to be partly dependent on some of the needed functionality residing on HCL's servers.

I appear to have missed a post somewhere.   Where did you see this?  I haven't seen anything about new features, requirements, etc.   I have spent quite some time getting HCL 2. 1. 7 working (see my other posts), so I would hate to move to another system.   But, if I do have to move, I would rather find out now, rather then when 3. 0 comes out. . . . .

- Brian

Brian, here is the quote:

Quote from: SpenserJ link=topic=775. msg3957#msg3957 date=1242002060
I agree completely with kekoav.   There SHOULD be an SVN/Git repo, and development would go a lot faster, as there would be many more developers working on it, and many more people to test fixes as time goes on.   However, please correct me if I am misinformed, part of V3 relies on the HCL servers, as it is partially hosted, and partially run on your own server, so this would be a bit of an issue.   This is one of the reasons it is currently in its testing stage. . .
godzilla
Not too much to say...

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »

IF this has been in testing for a few years is it ready yet.   I just found this website and installed version 2. 1. 7 on my site and it works ok.   Few flaws that i cant figure out and looks like support here will be hard to get from what i can see.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: