Help Center Live Community
July 22, 2014, 02:25:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HelpCenterLive and PHP5  (Read 3956 times)
victor
HCL Member

« on: October 18, 2007, 10:55:58 PM »

I've never read something about that on this portal but is there anyone here that has tried HCL on PHP5?  I thought it should work without a problem, but I received the following error:

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

So I change the $conf['host'] to localhost

Now I receive this error:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Is this something related to the web server? or it's about the HCL?  Lips sealed

Thanks

victor
HCL Member

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:15:33 PM »

the owner asked the hosting company and they solved it, after a lot of minutes of creeping me out  Wink, seems to be that the problem was on their side

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 03:02:02 AM »

Sounds like maybe they just updated to php5 and tried to use a php4 module with it.  That would be my guess.  HCL works great with 5, and there is some serious discussion of requiring it for 3.0.0, as it will really streamline some functions.  I hate to leave php 4 in the dust, however, it's end-of-lifed now, so...

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: