Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 12:55:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I give up  (Read 15962 times)
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« on: September 14, 2009, 08:54:44 AM »

Not to sound cynical or like a jerk or anything... but it seems there are very few people that come and ask for help that are either:
1. Smart enough to read a forum
2. Smart enough to follow instructions
3. Smart enough to install a simple help center system
4. Polite enough to wait patiently for the next version
5. Nice enough to help me deal with the people that do not fit these criteria

As such, I am done here. I rarely (make that never... 3 times since I started helping out) hear from HCLAdmin, I rarely get thanked for helping out, and I have only seen like 3 people who fit the above criteria, after helping a ton of people. I see no point in helping idiots out if they can't (or more likely, won't) help themselves, especially if version 3 is STILL not here.

I wish you luck with the system, and I will return once things work properly!
Sincerely,
Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
MF1590
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »

Hi Spencer,

I have watched you for a while and was wondering where you take your motivation from, you are basically almost by yourself in this forum!

HCL 3 is probably never going to be released, also this I am watching now for appr half a year.

There are some (few and far) users that actually understand and have some drive to bring something helpful to the table, but unfortunately these users are rare.

I am also looking into other alternatives for open source chat, one good one I came across is Crafty Syntax.  Lets stay in touch and let me know if I can help you out in any way.

Michael (Fritz-Solutions. com)
khim
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 03:21:19 PM »

Hi,
Spenser

Don't be sad, I read all your post and it was very good.  You can join our forum at hxxp: computerhotfix.  com

We also installed HCL and Market Palce Sofware As well.  I grant you to be a Super Moderator and a valued team member. 

The problem is that HCL is running slow on the server.  I use CPanel.

I am a IT Professorial, I will try my best to help people on this forum
mjclementz
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:45:36 AM »

For the sake of this support forum, I sure hope you change your mind.  Though in the last few minutes, I've seen two posts where you say "not to sound like a jerk" but then pretty much do.  It's OK to sound like a jerk, especially in your situation, but don't feel the need to deny it.  Hell, I'm being a jerk right now.

Anyways, you should write this HCL Admin a well-worded letter about how they should up the infrastructure and start CHARGING for what could be an excellent piece of software if it had some paid help, such as yourself and the coders.  It's a sad reality that I'm trying to initiate a business based on someone else's hobby.  And yes, I realize it would be much more practical in terms of support to go to a paid service like Live Person, but in my situation it wouldn't work correctly.  So there. .
scottjcampbell
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 12:36:47 AM »

Quote from: SpenserJ link=topic=1064. msg4450#msg4450 date=1252914884
Not to sound cynical or like a jerk or anything. . .  but it seems there are very few people that come and ask for help that are either:
1.  Smart enough to read a forum
2.  Smart enough to follow instructions
3.  Smart enough to install a simple help center system
4.  Polite enough to wait patiently for the next version
5.  Nice enough to help me deal with the people that do not fit these criteria

As such, I am done here.  I rarely (make that never. . .  3 times since I started helping out) hear from HCLAdmin, I rarely get thanked for helping out, and I have only seen like 3 people who fit the above criteria, after helping a ton of people.  I see no point in helping idiots out if they can't (or more likely, won't) help themselves, especially if version 3 is STILL not here.

I wish you luck with the system, and I will return once things work properly!
Sincerely,
Spenser

You're definately a huge asset to this site, the forums would be pretty much dead if you weren't here to help :P

I know you've helped me a lot and i'm sorry if i haven't given you the appropriate thanks.  I'll say it now, THANKS!  Grin

Cheers, Scott.
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 10:08:08 AM »

Haha thanks guys. I doubt I will be helping out here anymore no matter what, but I will probably check in from time to time. I am fed up with dealing with people who can't (or moreso, won't) help themselves and its time for me to move on. But I am glad to have helped out you guys, as that is the whole reason I started harassing the admin to let me do something. I wanted to make this a better place.

And khlm... nice try. I am not going to be helping you out on your forum either, especially since that was a horribly disguised request for help Tongue

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
b0RG
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:54:16 PM »

I am saddened to see this come to be.  I had very high expectations of HCL.  I have been with other open source organizations that have ended up this way and it is really unfortunate.  I guess I will have to seek another Help Center alternative.  Thank you to everyone for your hard work on this project and I wish you the best in your future ventures.

Sincerely,
Jaret
jonm
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 12:00:11 AM »

jhaustein
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 10:23:11 AM »

hi

i installed the software and it runs with the changes in the Aardvark. php

prob is - it does not run with my iphone or ipad

any idea?

greetigs
mb01a
Not too much to say...

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 04:48:35 PM »

I'm not a jerk either, but I do thing that software (even free software) should be usable without jumping thru hoiops.

Quote from: SpenserJ link=topic=1064. msg4450#msg4450 date=1252914884
Not to sound cynical or like a jerk or anything. . .  but it seems there are very few people that come and ask for help that are either:
1.  Smart enough to read a forum
2.  Smart enough to follow instructions
3.  Smart enough to install a simple help center system
4.  Polite enough to wait patiently for the next version
5.  Nice enough to help me deal with the people that do not fit these criteria

1.  We read . .  lots of complaints about things that are not explained properly or need IE8 to work at all.

2.  Writing clear instructions is an art.   If you leave something out or "assume" the reader knows something or write in a hurry so you can go do something else your 'instructions' might be misread, misinterpreted, or abandoned.

3.  Installation should consist of copying the files to your server and putting a link to the chat system on whatever page needs it.   Everything else should be handled automatically.

4.   Next Version?  Next Version?

5.   I'm here.  What do you need?
xpresschiro
Not too much to say...

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 01:07:33 PM »

We know very well that there are some specific procedure to install the any software.  These procedures are the predefined .  We can only select these procedure and our software is installed properly.  When the our software is installed in the system then the supporting files are also installed the system.  Thanks to read my comment .

Chiropractic care Maryland
 Chiropractic centre Maryland
iamdamnsam
Not too much to say...

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 02:41:20 PM »

Well this explains the deadness of this forum.   I suppose I better look for an alternative.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: