Help Center Live Community
April 18, 2014, 08:10:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning message at installation  (Read 3580 times)
fxmelo
Not too much to say...

« on: October 31, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm installing HCL and just got the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/f/x/m/fxmelo/html/Tassmley/Website/hcl/class/database.php on line 48
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)

Does any one know about it?

My database is setup fine and I'm sure about passwords, etc...

Thanks.
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »

try the debug file on:

http://www.helpcenterlive.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=71.0;attach=39

to see if your server have the last requirements

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 09:56:47 AM »

One trick here, some MySQL installs are setup to NOT allow local socket connects (really this isn't a very good idea, socket connections are MORE secure then network access!)  Anyway, set your MySQL host (in config.php) to your MySQL servers real IP.  This should allow it to connect.  Really the best thing is to get MySQL installed correctly with the socket file.  If this is on your own machine, also check that MySQL really is running.  Some startup scripts simply look to see if the the PID file is there, and never really check that the PID (Program ID) is actually running or now.

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: