Help Center Live Community
July 24, 2014, 11:43:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I will pay somoeone to make this work!!!  (Read 5522 times)
mousdahl
Not too much to say...

« on: June 14, 2009, 07:02:32 PM »

I have a client that would like to utilize the Hot Page/Monitor feature that tells you when your site has visitors and allows you to initiate the chat from the admin side. . .  although I can't figure out for the life of me why this isn't working.

If you know how to solve, and help me and/or do it for me, I'll pay you.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
Matt
ninjazz
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 08:51:37 AM »

just doesn't work.    I assume it has something to do with the geo locator code.   

Can't even find a config or plugin for the hostname/ip/browser in the bloated source code.  

I have since switched to a paid version.   I have a big smile on my face now.  
  If you want some good alternatives check out ChatStat and live2support.   

Only gonna set you back 20 a month for 1 seat. 

The problem I have ran into time and time again is the fact that these things just don't work well hosted on your web host.  

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 11:27:26 AM by ninjazz » Logged
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 09:20:15 AM »

Why thank you for your insightful post Ninjazz... I have already apologized for my overly enthusiastic response to all of your posts on year old threads. So how about either we put that behind us and act like adults or you move on. Sound good?

V2 definitely has some issues with it, and chances are you won't be able to get the hot page system to work. The code has not changed much in the past few years, while the browsers have, so many things do not work properly anymore (primary issues are the security changes for all browsers except for IE). If you search around a little bit you may find a couple posts about people working on the initiate chat function, however I don't think it is anything positive Sad

As for Version 3, I have been told that they are finishing up another project and then they will be focusing on getting HCL V3 and eTicket out. They have not provided much information as to how it will work or how it will be hosted, and anything that I have said in other posts is primarily speculation. And the code may or may not be open source in the common sense of the term, however it is extremely likely that it will continue to be free.

I hope you can find a good solution (either a fix for HCl, or another program to use instead, or in addition to HCL) Mousdahl, and again, I apologize for what may have occurred between you and I, Ninjazz

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
ninjazz
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 11:26:48 AM »

well on a lighter note.  I got this function to work on my 3rd webhost provider.

appears to have something to do with a host related issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: