Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 12:27:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Image change with operator logon?  (Read 5763 times)
murphian446
Not too much to say...

« on: September 12, 2007, 05:24:50 AM »

I would like to setup HCL so that whenever an operator logs on his face and contact information is posted on the main website - where it would normally say live help online.  There will only be one operator logged on at a time so there will be no problem with operators logging in at the same time.  I want to use this for a real estate website that always has one agent on the floor that way the visitors will know who is on the floor and it will change each time an operator logs in?  Any help on how to do this would be super appreciated or if it is even possible.  Thanks a bunch.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 08:36:30 AM »

Hmm, I think you would need to hack the code to use the operator picture instead of the live help picture.  I can do a search in code for it and maybe post a file for you, however it won't be until later today (it's 1:30am here, and I'm off to bed! Smiley )

edit 2:00am: Been laying in bed thinking about this...  I think it could be done with some minor changes to the /live/icon.php file, and I believe it would require some calls to find op, get the picture, and serve that picture instead of the department icon.  Probably the most elegant way is to have it serve a default picture if the agent's pic is missing.  I have use for this mod as well, so maybe I can slip it in with a config option.  Additionally, I don't think it's going to take much to make it happen, just a few lines of code and one configuration variable (basically a switch).

One thing to keep in mind, if you do this, you will want the op pictures and the offline (as well as default picture) to all be the same dimensions to keep it from breaking any theme you might have on the page.  However, this is easily done with just about any photo editing software out there.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:11:56 AM by mlzhosting » Logged

how may I help you today?
murphian446
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 07:36:20 PM »

That sounds pretty cool, I will set up HCL on a seperate server and take a stab at editing the icon.php file I've only been working with php for about 6 months now so this will be a learning experience for me.  Let me know if you have any luck. 

Thanks
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 12:47:35 AM »

Sorry, every bit of code here in the past couple of weeks has been work related.  By the time I'm done with that, I start to hate PHP. Cheesy

how may I help you today?
murphian446
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 06:14:28 PM »

Yeah I haven't even had a chance to look at this yet.  It would probly be something really easy if someone could just find the time.  I'll try and make some time next week. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: