Help Center Live Community
July 23, 2014, 06:47:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Increase the amount of file transfer?  (Read 37114 times)
arctodus
Not too much to say...

« on: December 04, 2007, 01:26:28 AM »

Hi

I would like to increase the amount of file transfer from 2 m to 10 or more in V 2.1.4. Is this possible?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 01:37:49 AM by arctodus » Logged
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 04:26:22 PM »

SOURCE: INSTALL.TXT

If you are planning to use HCL's built in file transfer feature, you will need to make sure LimitRequestBody is set to a number higer than the value of upload_max_filesize and
  post_max_size in your php.ini
  If you do not do this, file transfers over the size of LimitRequestBody will not work, even if php.ini's setting is higher than LimitRequestBody.

You will only need to make these changes if you have not uploaded the .htaccess files located in the root hcl directory, or your server does not allow the variables to be overwritten locally

- Example:
  php.ini upload_max_filesize = 2M
  php.ini post_max_size = 2M
  LimitRequestBody = 49152

This will only allow file transfers of up to 48 kilobytes in size, even the php.ini setting says its 2 megabytes. If you cannot find the LimitRequestBody setting in your httpd.conf file or php.conf if using Apache 2, your maximum post size will be restricted to Apache's default value, so you will need to create it.

- Solution:
  For a start is 2 megabytes is probably too small to deal with for file transfers.
  Here are some 'better' settings..

php.ini upload_max_filesize = 128M
  php.ini post_max_size = 128M
  LimitRequestBody = 134217728

arctodus
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 03:00:37 AM »

I made a php.ini file in notepad and  put the information in it, then made a directory called php.ini and put the file in it. Then uploaded it to my server. What should the permissions be on it? Have not had any success in getting the transfer up. Huh Also, I looked for a file called php.ini in live help center directories but could not find any.

Thanks
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 06:23:51 AM »

the php.ini file is on your web server, and if you are using a shared hosting account, you will not be able to change it

which type of hosting account are you using?

arctodus
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 06:35:06 AM »

Hi victor

Yes, I am using a hosting account. Thanks so much for your replies and helping. Sounds like I will not be able to change it.

Thanks
arctodus
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 06:50:31 AM »

if we find another solution don't doubt that we will copy it here

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: