Help Center Live Community
July 23, 2014, 05:16:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Install Problem on Windows Host  (Read 4077 times)
ericm
Not too much to say...

« on: November 04, 2007, 02:49:31 AM »

Hi Everyone, I have checked through the posts, tried a few things, but I cannot figure this out. I am on a Windows shared host with php 4.3.11 and mysql 3.12.

First, here is the warning message that I am getting

Warning: Smarty error: problem creating directory 'C:/Inetpub/thefedgroup/hcl/class/../compile/%%196' in C:\Inetpub\thefedgroup\hcl\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1115

Warning: Smarty error: problem writing temporary file 'C:\Inetpub\thefedgroup\hcl\class\..\compile\%%196\%%1964540384\472d2fc71a1c1' in C:\Inetpub\thefedgroup\hcl\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1115

Second, I tried changing the config.php file so safe_mode was on. This did not change anything. I double checked the phpinfo and it does not appear that safe_mode is actually on.

Third, I tried to change the permissions for the cache, class and compile folders, and tried to change the config.php permissions to 777. However, since i am working with a windows host, this does not work. Basically the ftp program lets me the chmod command is not known.

Fourth, I downloaded the debug.php file. The output looks like this

ICONS Directory:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_executable() in C:\Inetpub\thefedgroup\hcl\debug.php on line 51

I think I have done everything I can find. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Eric
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:31:43 PM »

Hmm, the failure is because I didn't suppress error messages on the debug file (it really wouldn't make sense.) 

One thing to try, make sure that the write permissions on your directories propogates down through children.  Windows can be setup that while php can create a directory in say /cache it can't make that directory writable.

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: