Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 04:52:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: install went fine, chat connects, but doesn't work  (Read 3818 times)
azraell21
Not too much to say...

« on: March 12, 2008, 12:35:24 AM »

installed latest version just now, install went fine without problems

i logged in as admin, created an operator, created 2 departments, assigned operator to them

when i click live chat i get a functioning real time of who's on the page with the code, the user sees ONLINE or OFFLINE appropriately. use clicks chat, it requests it fine on operator end, i click accept, both user and operator windows open and say connected to other username.

this is where things stop working. chat time never increments (stays at 0) no text entered between either op or customer gets to the other party. i've tried every combination of FF/IE on both sides and nothing's helped.

the initiate chat from op end doesn't work either, nothing ever shows up on customer end, but i'm less worried about that then, ya know, the "chat" functionality of this thing.

anyone got any ideas?
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 03:22:03 PM »

did you give the correct permissions to the folders? try the debug file from this forum and show us the results

azraell21
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 10:40:07 PM »

i followed this for installation:

- CHMOD /config.php to 777
- CHMOD /icons/ to 777
- CHMOD /compile/ to 777
- CHMOD /cache/ to 777

I believe it told me to turn config.php to 644 by end of installation though, so that's where it's at now.

i found what you meant by the debug file, i'm going to PM you the URL to it on my server, it looks fine to me but maybe I'm missing something. thanks for your reply
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:44:56 PM by azraell21 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: