Help Center Live Community
April 20, 2014, 10:19:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Installation problems and doc question.  (Read 4163 times)
troyd1
Not too much to say...

« on: September 04, 2007, 08:19:01 PM »

Is there any user documentation? All I can find on the site is the install doc. I think I have everything installed and running, but am not sure how to use the software. I went into system configuration and changed the username and password, setup departments and a couple of operators, assiged them, but I still get the notes saying it looks like its your first time here and it lists all the steps again. What am I doing wrong and how should I proceed? Any comments or links to a detailed install guide would be appreciated.
Where do the operators login? Is there an administrative status screen showing online operators, chat's in session, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any help, Troy
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 08:52:12 PM »

about the notes saying it looks like its your first time, you can delete it without problems... To start providing support, just go to System Configuration \Generate Code and copy the code on the page where you want to provide support from.  Then, as an operator or admin, go to the main page of Support Admin Pannel and clic Live Help.  You are going to see the monitor where you will see all your visitors and when someone wants to chat with you, you'll receive an alert...

just play with the tool and you will find a lot of nice stuff... Wink

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »

Documentation is fairly well lagging at the moment I'm afraid.  For those so inclined, you may submit book pages on the portal to be included in the documentation.

how may I help you today?
troyd1
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 09:22:33 PM »

I found this help page: http://www.nexcess.net/support/tutorials/customer-support/help-center-live/
Where do I find the last screen shown or is that obsolete, it appears to be a status/monitor screen?

also, in the notes it says: "You are now ready to start providing live support, so click Launch Request Monitor when you Exit System Configuration." Is request monitor live help?
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 10:54:30 PM »

the last screen is an obsolete one...

and about the second question... yap! Monitor is Live Help...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 06:54:06 PM by victor » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: