Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 06:19:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Installed but chat information not working.....  (Read 8273 times)
funsun
Not too much to say...

« on: July 26, 2007, 08:27:57 PM »

I have been using HCL for over a year and a half now & have installed this  many times for clients.  I recently upgrade my php to 5.2.2 & my HCL to version 2.1.3.  I started with a clean install, created my operators, departments, change my icons, etc...  I am running Mac OS X Server with Apache 1.3.  Everything installed fine as usual, it shows me online, I connect to the person but then nothing shows up when I type or they type.  It will not work for our internal network or for the internet.  I have tried several options but nothing seems to work.  I have used Firefox, IE 6, IE 7, Safari 2 & 3 yet the conversation will not display.  I read the notes on the core update to 2.1.3 and it says that it fixed this error that I am having.  I have tried absolutely everything I know and am now seeking help after playing with it all day.  My information is as follows

website it's at: http://www.funsunstudio.com

php info: http://www.funsunstudio.com/phpinfo.php

Any help/information will be great.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 12:31:09 AM »

Just a quick question, are any errors displayed in the browser or Java console?

how may I help you today?
funsun
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 01:09:52 PM »

Yes there are several but it's all the same general error.  I have attached 2 screenshots below.

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 01:12:27 PM »

Try installing the debug file (attached) and PMing me the URL where I can load it.  It must be placed where your config.php and version.php files are located...

funsun
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 01:24:57 PM »

PM Sent
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 03:09:38 PM »

Is this your server (dedicated server) or are you on a shared host?  You have short_open_tag off, it must be on for proper operation, and yes, this is an issue we're addressing in 3.0.0 (I've always detested short_open_tag, I mean, it's only three extra bytes!)

funsun
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 03:39:49 PM »

It is my dedicated servers that my company owns.  Thank you very much for this fix. On mac os x server you have 2 php.ini files one located at /etc/php.ini.default and the other at /usr/local/php5/lib/php.ini.  The first one I had turned it on but the second one was turned off.  I test it and that was my problem. I appreciate your help greatly and if there is any way I can be of service to this great project let me know.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:42:33 PM by funsun » Logged
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 03:42:27 PM »

I'm starting the think that the short tags issue may be affecting more things then originally thought.  PHP 6 will drop all support for Globals, and may drop support for short_tags.  While I understand the motivation, it is certainly a headache.

funsun
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 03:44:23 PM »

I'm starting the think that the short tags issue may be affecting more things then originally thought.  PHP 6 will drop all support for Globals, and may drop support for short_tags.  While I understand the motivation, it is certainly a headache.

I completely agree but I also use the full tag just in case when I code.  Couldn't you use use BBEdit and do a find & replace all against all documents that used <? and replaced them all with <?php ?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 03:52:24 PM »

Actually, we use Eclipse PDT, however I haven't had the time to sit down and build a hotfix for it.  I'm hoping today to have a new hotfix out that should address this issue, the corrupt file issue, and the missing configuration declaration for opdelete.  Knock on wood.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: