Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 11:05:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing HCL on a Windows hosting account  (Read 7494 times)
fxmelo
Not too much to say...

« on: October 21, 2007, 10:30:53 AM »

Hi guys,

Is it possible/feasible?

My website is developed in *aspx and I really, really want to have HCL running on it, but because my hosting account is Windows and not Linux, it doesn't support PHP.

Is there any other way I could use HCL this way?

Thanks a lot.

NTHosts
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 02:32:40 PM »

because my hosting account is Windows and not Linux, it doesn't support PHP.

Errm..

Can I just ask.. who told you that windows doesn't support PHP?!?

Was it your host? If so I suggest you find a new one because they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

I have a complete web server running on my home Windows XP box that I use to test things out before uploading them to my Fedora Box.

As for installing HCL on a windows box I'm not sure.. I did just look at the sourceforge site and it does say something about a windows version on there, but I couldn't see it to download it :-S

Anyhow, I have downloaded HCL and will be testing it at home, so will post back here and let you know if it works.

Good luck :-)
fxmelo
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 02:56:07 PM »

My hosting account is with GoDaddy.

This is the official response from them: "PHP is not available on our Windows Shared Hosting accounts"

I'm lost, as my website has over 130 pages and is developed in aspx and I really want to use HCL.

Thanks for your help!
fxmelo
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 03:07:19 PM »

Okay,

It may sound a desperate idea, but could I:

Leave my website the way it is and have my HCL hosted in another website which is hosted in Linux, therefore supporting PHP?

So effectively my website would remain in aspx and I would have my image Live on/off linking to the other website written in PHP.

The question, then is: ?Will this work??, ?Will the image change status Online/Offline??

Thanks for your help guys.
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »

yes, it can work, image cnahe statos onlins/offline, but maybe cobrowse will be unavailable

NTHosts
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 07:01:57 PM »

To be very honest I would think about choosing another host.. there are lots that offer windows with PHP support.

As I said I would I have just tested HCL on my home windows box, and it works fine.

As to your question, yep that would work, but remember to have HCL generate HTML code and NOT PHP.

Good luck :-)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 03:15:46 AM »

All versions past 2.1.2 will work on a Windows server with PHP (which doesn't fix your problem, but I'm not even going there with GoDaddy...)  Anyway, yes, you can remote host, some people seem to have better luck then others, if you go this route, please let us know of any difficulties so we can try and smooth it out for everyone with Windows.

how may I help you today?
fxmelo
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 11:45:28 AM »

I will try the remote hosting, as at this time, I?ve spent far too much money with GoDaddy and don?t this to go down the waste pipe!

But I understand that is critical for my business that I have a reliable hosting.

Do you guys have experience/opinions about Godaddy?

Do you know any good Business Hosting company?

Thanks, Marc.
NTHosts
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 05:18:49 PM »

Just a final thought from me, you could even go with a Linux host, as PHP itself does have support for aspx, i.e. lets you use aspx on a linux box.

Regards
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 03:24:50 AM »

While I don't do windows hosting (yes php 5 has some support, but it's far from perfect) or asp hosting, there are several here on the forums who do.  No matter your decision, I do wish you well with your project.

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: