Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 01:05:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intiate chat sessions  (Read 6365 times)
gazoi
Not too much to say...

« on: July 05, 2007, 07:14:03 AM »

Hi guys,

Linux smarty.smartysite4.com 2.4.21-37.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan 11 18:44:17 EST 2006 i686
Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)  +  PHP version: 4.3.2 (Zend: 1.3.0)  +  MySQL 5.0.16-max-log

I'm having what I think must be a common problem, but I've tried the fixes suggested (which seem to work for others btw) but they don't seem to be working for me?

This problem is with ie6 & ie7 browsers, firefox is ok.

hcl 2.1.3 is freshly installed as per instructions with changing permissions etc. Updated admin details, created a department, assigned admin to dept, started live help session.

[btw: the setup db script failed for me, a couple of cases of "not null default null" getting in there? removing the default null statements fixes that.]

When users using IE try to initiate a session though, I can see them as admin (firefox) and I accept the request, but they sit with a window "Please wait while we connect you".

Now I have checked that $conf['initiate_timeout'] = '120000'; is in config.php
I have made sure that the certificate has been imported for the admin side and is trusted.
jre-6-windows-i586 installed.

The weird thing is that I had it working once, but there were timeout problems, ie on ie7, I had to refresh the window to see the replies from the user. That may have been the previous version though, I forget now.

Do you have any tips for getting around the IE problems? Apologies if I have missed the answers on the forums!

Many thanks.
Gary

PS. This is a truly great piece of softwware. It looks great, has good functionality and monitoring. Keep it up. Really useful to the community.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 02:15:39 PM »

Gary, apparently this one isn't through rearing it's ugly head.  The sad part is that the initiate just changes a CSS setting from invisible to visible, a seemingly simple thing.  I have a funny feeling that we're going to end up writing a hack to allow IE6-7 to properly display it.

The issue with the admin not refreshing is also something that seems to be plaguing us, and others, and seems to go hand in hand with a java debug issues, where a perfectly good piece of java code gets tagged with an error.  It seems that the error is happening on the client side, thus there simply are no browser adjustments that can be done to fix it.  Thus we're having to figure out a java workaround to obtain the same goal with different code.

how may I help you today?
gazoi
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 02:38:30 AM »

Thanks for getting back to me.

I found that with firefox as admin, and IE as client, the request window sits waiting to receive a reply to the initiate request. A refresh here just re-initiates a chat request.

With IE as admin, firefox client, a conversation can be had, if the admin window is refreshed each time to see a reply.

So you say there are two issues here and you are aware of them. Is there anything I can do to help? Perhaps you can point me towards the problematic code so I can take a look, or perhaps a discussion of the problem.

Again, thanks for your work on this. It's worth it!
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 09:05:08 AM »

Quick question, is the IE set to have the server as the trusted server?  It seems that for some reason, IE simply does not trust the java, and refuses to run it.  It's the live code java, and what seems to happen is it doesn't allow it to run.  Do you get any code warnings in IE as  client?

It's a strange problem, since some places it works and other it doesn't.  I've had 0 issues, with IE on all my servers, so I'm thinking there is some server setting that could be made, but darned if I can find it.  I should also point out that there has been relatively few people having issues with this.  However when it strikes, it's a bugger.

If you like, feel free to review the Java code (should be the live.php in the /class/js folder).  I'm not a java wizard, however things look right to me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 10:29:27 AM by mlzhosting » Logged

gazoi
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 05:47:25 AM »

Yes, I have added the site to the trusted sites list in IE, both http and https. The previous version used to work at one time I'm sure. Have you got a changelog somewhere with comments on your changes. If not, I'll just run a diff on the codesets.

Having just looked at the code, this has nothing to do with java does it? I'm not sure why you are recommending using the sun jre or sun java plugin as you describe it?

Anyway, the issues appear to be with the XMLHttpRequest variations - has anyone looked at the caching problem in ie? btw, I know next to nothing about this, but time to learn by the look of it...
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 06:21:35 PM »

Actually, the client side XML is a java script, hence the java requirements.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: