Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 04:55:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: it's installed, BUT...  (Read 15421 times)
christie
Not too much to say...

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 04:41:34 PM »

you can use either the + or the @ symbols... i tried it both ways at linksky's suggestion prior to signing up here. i just changed it back to the + symbol and removed the smtp username and password, and it still didn't send me anything.

how difficult would it be to add a switch to configuration?

i suppose if worse comes to worst, i could remove the form altogether and just have a link to the message board...
christie
Not too much to say...

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 11:42:48 PM »

i'm wondering...

is there a way i can just delete the entire option of filling out an email form and replacing it with a direct link to the prayer request forums on smf? (i'm using hcl as a live prayer option for our church site... i think i may have mentioned that already but i've slept since then.)

i'm looking through all the template files and so far i've only been able to remove the form and link to the board in the little pop-up window if someone clicks the offline button. i'm having a tough time figuring out which file is the main entry page.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 12:01:04 AM »

Look in modules/HelpCenter/index.php  Just remove the form out and substitute your link in it's place.

how may I help you today?
christie
Not too much to say...

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 01:45:04 AM »

ahhh, perfect! solves the problem entirely Smiley THANK YOU!
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 02:48:09 AM »

I'm continuing working on this issue, it affects few people, but it's a real pain in the pocket. Smiley

how may I help you today?
christie
Not too much to say...

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 02:52:29 AM »

i can imagine. anything involving something that can't be done with either a wysiwyg editor or simple step by step instructions is a pain in my pocket.

maybe others could benefit from the solution i tried! remove the form and post a link! of course, i not only posted a link to the forums, but also provided an email address... an unclickable one so it won't be harvested by the creepy crawlies.
rodbland
Not too much to say...

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 12:38:12 PM »

Ok, I've been tearing my hair out with the same problem.   The offline form appears to send an email, but it never arrives.   I'm running on a Windows 2003 server with php 5. 2. 25 and mysql 5. 0. 67.   there is a local mail server configured using iis smtp.

I've cranked up the logging and no matter what I set the smtp host to in the department configuration (mine is set to localhost) this same strange entry appears in the mail logs each time:

2008-09-09 22:11:05 203. 23. 246. 3 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 ICO-4702AVIRT - 25 - - 550+This+system+is+configured+to+reject+mail+from+202. 191. 52. 83+[202. 191. 52. 83]+(DNS+reverse+lookup+failed) 0 0 107 0 531 SMTP - - -

It seems the mail is being relayed via another server which makes no sense.

I use other applications on this server which make use of the localhost smtp server so I can't see how it could be an issue with the mail server config.   In php. ini:

Code:
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

It's got me stumped.   Where is the code that tells hcl how to send mail?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: