Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 11:44:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st chats rejected - visitor info not passing to monitor  (Read 5154 times)
ninjazz
Not too much to say...

« on: June 11, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »

Okay, 2 more issues to add and can't find.

1st problem -  I am online and ready to take chat, ask a friend to connect he gets the following
"Sorry, we were unable to connect you. All the operators are busy." It seems to happen on the first chat when I first login.

2nd problem - not as important as first. the visitor info is not passing at all  i.e. hostname , ip to the admin monitor.

Apache version   2.2.11 (Unix)
PHP version   5.2.9
MySQL version   5.0.77-community
Architecture   x86_64
Operating system   Linux

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:27:09 PM by ninjazz » Logged
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 06:53:06 PM »

What OS and Browser are you and your friend using? And I am assuming you have applied all of the patches on the website? How long is your friend waiting before messaging?

What happens when you request it? Do you see any AJAX connections? Use firebug for firefox and see if anything happens in the console window when you request the user's information (or when the page loads), and then view the response of that request, as well as the source code of any pages that SHOULD have it automatically loaded. It may be replying with a corrupt message, in which case it wouldn't display the information at all. If it is JSON (I can't remember if HCL uses JSON), an improperly formatted response results in no array being returned

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
ninjazz
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:15:29 PM »

operator- windows xp pro sp3, internet explorer 8.  

I have firefox and google chrome fix.   They will work just after I play with the offline/online button. 

I'm such a newb I just got firebug installed.   I'll let you know what I find. 

p. s.  When doing a chat locally on my machine it shows all the info just fine. 

I. e.   Having the operator window open and opening a client chat window on the same desktop.

HOWEVER when I try the same with the operator on my desktop and a local computer opens the client it fails to pass the info.  Odd
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:17:13 PM by ninjazz » Logged
ninjazz
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:26:05 PM »

"   
Permission denied to get property XULElement. accessKey
- undefined > links too  www. xpcsafejsobjectwrapper. cpp

This comes up whenever I send a chat from the other machine on my network to this one.

vise versa

Don't see anything at all in the console when I click visitor info.

Gotta try firebug on the client side next.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 10:33:54 PM by ninjazz » Logged
ninjazz
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 11:45:47 PM »

spenser

thanks for all the help.

however I smell dead fish around here.

I'm gonna go with chatstat w/ a gotoassist option.

that's 100 bucks a month i'd gladly pay to not deal with these head aches.

I'll keep an eye out for v3 if that ever comes out.
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 05:17:48 AM »

Okay, sorry to hear that man. And I definitely know how you feel. V2 is quite the gongshow right now, but when V3 comes out, you are going to love it! I have seen it and it is an immense improvement

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: