Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 12:56:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Link Status Change  (Read 8138 times)
tommyjohn
Not too much to say...

« on: June 22, 2007, 05:15:08 PM »

Enhance the icons panel in the Admin area to allow more customization for the link or icon on the webpage. I would like to be able to turn on/off the "contact form" when there are no operators, and be able to do it per department.

Essentially make the link unclickable (plain text, displaying the offline message) when the "leave message for department" is turned off. If it is turned on then it would act as it does today, launching a window with an email form within.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:16:59 PM »

That is an excellent idea.  I'm adding to the feature requests on sourceforge now.

how may I help you today?
tommyjohn
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 05:26:52 PM »

After I made my original post I thought more about this...

As an additional feature, it would be very nice to be able to change the link destination. This would allow you to direct them to a support page, knowledge base, blog, or a sites own contact form.

With this option included the icon panel would allow an admin to do the following:

Specify an Icon by status per department.
Specify text by status per department, if Icon is not selected.
Turn on/off "Active Link" when department is offline.
Custom link when department is offline ("Active Link" would need to be turned on).

This would be a very good setup.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »

Hmm, that is a possibility, also, remember the modules have access to this page (through the themes) so there would be two routes to re-directing visitors to areas where they might get some help.

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: