Help Center Live Community
April 17, 2014, 08:04:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Chat Errors  (Read 5548 times)
tangwaichee
Not too much to say...

« on: November 23, 2007, 03:49:06 PM »

Hi

im william here, needs everyone help to slove for me, on the live chat, when im accept the connection right, my customer could not chat with me.....

Notice: Undefined index: hcl_6 in /home/pchardwa/public_html/chat/class/chat.php on line 60
Notice: Undefined index: hcl_6 in /home/pchardwa/public_html/chat/class/chat.php on line 60

Notice: Undefined index: hcl_6 in /home/pchardwa/public_html/chat/class/functions.php on line 106

Notice: Undefined index: hcl_6 in /home/pchardwa/public_html/chat/class/functions.php on line 110

Notice: Undefined index: hcl_6 in /home/pchardwa/public_html/chat/class/functions.php on line 111

Notice: Undefined index: hcl_6 in /home/pchardwa/public_html/chat/class/functions.php on line 112

You are now chatting with
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 02:44:50 AM »

For whatever reason, the host is set to rather dumb settings in a production environment, namely that the error level is set WAY too low.  Additionally, those are not errors, their syntax notifications.  If the chat isn't going through, you need to find the error (not notification) message for us to be any help.

how may I help you today?
DMessina79
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 09:37:50 PM »

I also seem to be getting the same thing. I have tried multiple ways of getting around this error in IE7 with no avail. Firefox works perfect. Furthermore, I can not login to the operator/admin interface with IE7.

I am using the latest 2.1.5 which is fantastic on Firefox.

The error in IE on the login page is:

Line: 89
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0

I notice that in Firefox the same error is present in the console but it does not impact to login attempts. I'm not sure if IE would be impacted by this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Dave
DMessina79
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 03:10:34 PM »

Okay, I got around the error message so you can use the chat function. In both chat.php and function.php, after the first line put:

error_reporting(0);

this will turn off the notices and initialize chat.

However, I have noticed that when in the chat session, the operators name does not appear in the line "You are now chatting with" on the customers side of chat. This does work for Firefox though but unfortunately a majority of the internet still uses IE.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hopefully the programmers can resolve this for us.

Thanks,

--Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: