Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 10:01:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live Chat going off line after soom time  (Read 6350 times)
MARKSHERMAN
Not too much to say...

« on: May 18, 2009, 08:13:29 PM »

I have notised, That when i login as the Admin user and open the Live Help page and Let it sit open on my desktop.  it shows up on my web site that the live chat is online, and it will stay like that for a while, but after say half an hour i look again on my web site and the live chat is off line, but i still have the same windows open on my computer, I have even tryed loding it on a differnet company and not even touch it for half an our and still get the same problem, Is there a timer some where that i dont know about.  I need this softwear to where i can come into work in the morning open a window and it will just sit there online until i close it which then it will go off line, the Softwear doesnt seem to be doing that at the moment, Any Ideas.  sorry about any spelling errors, Im poor at english.

Many Thanks
Mark Sherman
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 01:24:06 AM »

What operating system and browser are you using?

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
MARKSHERMAN
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:41:10 AM »

Im using IE 6, on XP SP2.

There seems to be a time out on the conection to my Web Server or SQL Database.

Im strugling to find any connection timers with in the php scripts.  unless im missing some thing.

I know.  I will try and but a refress script in the operators box and see if that works,

Many Thanks
Mark Sherman
MARKSHERMAN
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 09:14:07 AM »

I carnt figure out how to put a refresh script in. 

does any one have any ideas.

SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 08:03:56 PM »

Try using IE7, as IE6 is missing quite a few features that HCL may be trying to use. Also, the refresh code would not be in the PHP script, but instead in either the template files or the javascript. How it most likely works is HCL makes a request from the operator window for any new messages, then PHP says "Oh, they are still online, lets update the db!" but if no one checks for messages, php won't update the database and  it will show offline. Chances are it is an issue with the browser that you are using that causes it not to check for new messages

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
MARKSHERMAN
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »

I found that when i installed the IE 7  and IE8 i still had the same problems, How ever I have worked away of stoping the scrip form going of line by puting a refresh script in one of the files.

here it is:

go to hxxp: yourdomain. co. uk/hcl/admin/monitor/index. php

this is the monitors page.  which the refresh script needs to be added.  I think this will only work if you only have one operator.  Not sure.

Download the Index. php file to you desktop and open it in note pad or dreamweaver. 

at the very bottom after the RED ?>

<?php
header("Refresh: 30; url=hxxp: yourdomain. co. uk/hcl/admin/monitor/index. php");

you can change the 30 which is in secounds to what ever you want, you could make it 120secs.

let me know if this doesnt work for any one.

Many Thanks
Mark Sherman
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: