Help Center Live Community
April 25, 2014, 07:30:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Love HCL - but can't initiate chat  (Read 6298 times)
JJ
Not too much to say...

lauramba

« on: October 23, 2008, 08:10:51 PM »

Hello - HCL rocks!

Everything is working well except the "Initiate Chat".   Nothing happens after I click Initiate Chat.  I've installed and uninstalled it several times and nothing changes.  I've installed using Fantastico and am wondering if a module or file is missing. 

If you can advise, I would appreciate it.  Let me know what else you may need to help advise me.  Peace, LLLS
Monty
HCL Regular

back up.. Back Up.. BACK UP!

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:03:43 PM »

Try manual installation, please.  You can download version 2.1.7 from the 'Downloads' link in the header above.  Get back and let me know if this works.

JJ
Not too much to say...

lauramba

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 09:07:38 PM »

Thanks - will do this evening.  and will report back.

BTW - where is your DONATE button so I can support your project with a token of my gratitude? :)
Monty
HCL Regular

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 09:53:13 PM »

Good question!  lol  I've looked around the site but don't see one.  I'll have a word with the owner about this when my messenger finally decides it wants to play.

JJ
Not too much to say...

lauramba

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »

Monty - thanks for the help.  The problem was associated with the Fantastico installation.  I installed HCL manually and it works like a charm.  Peace and thanks.  Since you folks don't have a donate button, I will visit your google ads. 

I LOVE YOUR PROGRAM!
technista
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 06:17:45 AM »

I had the same problem with my fantastico installation.  Instead of going through a complete manual installation, I was able to get it to work by uploading the setup folder to my current installation and running the installer.  I kept the same database that fantastico installed.  (Referred to the config. php file for the database name, username and password. )

Everything worked fine with no interruptions.  Saved a lot of time since I had done a lot of customization.  It may be worth giving this a try first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: